12v Milwaukee die grinder

Mike_H

autos are better - WRWD508
Supporting Member
Has anyone used one? My pneumatic broke on me, and I've been transitioning away from pneumatic tools. This one caught my eye. I don't have any of the 12v stuff yet, but this seems like a good excuse to get some!

I have the 90 degree die grinder and have been very satisfied with it. For smaller task it a great little tool. If you need it for large tasks like paint stripping then I'd stick with air. If your going to venture into the M12 line wait for sales. Milwaukee usually runs some good deals around Fathers day and Black Friday. Home Depot also includes Milwaukee in their Deal of the Day about once a month. I grabbed my die grinder on a special buy that included a 6ah and 3ah battery for free. Also if you buy anything make sure it's an authorized dealer or Milwaukee won't honor the warranty.

Reactions: Mike_H and Squatch
My 20+ year-old corded Milwaukie finally died (bearings), and I couldn't decide between another corded, and the M18 cordless. Ended up buying both. ;) That cordless is sweet, and seems every bit as powerful as the corded version. And like @06lj said, Home Depot runs a lot of good deals on their Milwaukie tools. That's when I buy mine (when they have sales).

I have the 90 degree die grinder and have been very satisfied with it. For smaller task it a great little tool. If you need it for large tasks like paint stripping then I'd stick with air. If your going to venture into the M12 line wait for sales. Milwaukee usually runs some good deals around Fathers day and Black Friday. Home Depot also includes Milwaukee in their Deal of the Day about once a month. I grabbed my die grinder on a special buy that included a 6ah and 3ah battery for free. Also if you buy anything make sure it's an authorized dealer or Milwaukee won't honor the warranty.
My 20+ year-old corded Milwaukie finally died (bearings), and I couldn't decide between another corded, and the M18 cordless. Ended up buying both. ;) That cordless is sweet, and seems every bit as powerful as the corded version. And like @06lj said, Home Depot runs a lot of good deals on their Milwaukie tools. That's when I buy mine (when they have sales).
I definitely keep an eye open for "and get" deals. I like to jump when I find a "buy a tool, get a free battery" deal.

Reactions: Squatch
I have one, the big straight actually "die" grinder, not the 90 degree one. I'm not sure which one you're looking at.

It's a little unwieldy and heavy like any electric die grinder.
It balances weird because of the battery. I wouldn't want to port an intake and heads with it but for the way I use it I've been happy with mine.
I use it mostly at work and have had it about 6-8 months. I use it once a week or so for short periods of time.
And for my use I've been damn happy with it.