14 Bolt Swap Kit

Slaverson

Does anyone know where I could get a swap kit for a 1980s GM 14 bolt? It's for a 2005 Unlimited, and I can't seem to find anything that would work.

On another note, could I but a modular truss and buy all the individual brackets? If so what parts would I need?

Anything helps, Thanks.

Buddy sold me a Dana 60 front with a 14 bolt rear for a killer deal with quite a few extra parts and would like to put those in.

Alright, I'll take the bait. What other details do you have in mind for the build? Wheelbase, tire size, etc.?

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Alright, I'll take the bait. What other details do you have in mind for the build? Wheelbase, tire size, etc.?

Currently Running 35" tires but want to go up to 37s. I have an unlimited so Im not planning on stretching at all. Currently am running a short arm 4" lift but will upgrade to a long arm in the near future.

Seems like a whole lotta axle under a TJ. Difficult to justify in my mind?

@NashvilleTJ how do you feel about this comment? Haha

You had to go there, huh? 😆

Well, after breaking a Pro-Rock 60 5 times, I felt justified.... :)

But, it is a monster. If you are not running big tires - meaning 40's+, and don't have the power to move the weight, I think it would cause more problems than it would solve.

And even if you are running big gear, unless you shave the beast you are going to be dragging the diff. And shaving it right is not an easy task.

It can certainly be done, but it is anything but a simple axle swap.

Jeep - 14 Bolt 29 (17).JPG

OP - If you are interested, here is the write-up I did in my build thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nashville-tjs-build-continued.42035/post-753648

But seriously - does this 14 Bolt make my ass look big???

Jeep - 14 Bolt 45 (18).JPG

Well, after breaking a Pro-Rock 60 5 times, I felt justified.... :)

But, it is a monster. If you are not running big tires - meaning 40's+, and don't have the power to move the weight, I think it would cause more problems than it would solve.

And even if you are running big gear, unless you shave the beast you are going to be dragging the diff. And shaving it right is not an easy task.

It can certainly be done, but it is anything but a simple axle swap.

View attachment 382846

OP - If you are interested, here is the write-up I did in my build thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/nashville-tjs-build-continued.42035/post-753648

But seriously - does this 14 Bolt make my ass look big???

View attachment 382845

Not a chance. You look great, honey!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: NashvilleTJ