15” vs 17” wheels

If they came off a JK, they have a different lug pattern than your LJ and will not fit without adapters.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
This guys swears these will fit a 04-06 LJ no mods. Is he wrong? I may go today and see if they fit. I only need rims.
That guy is ‘full of sh*t” or simply doesn’t know, because the JK (07 to 18) and JL wheels do NOT fit TJ’s or LJ’s. The bolt pattern is different.

TJ / LJ (5x4.5)
JK / JL (5x5)

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
I bought a Jeep with 17" wheels and AT tires on it. They were sold within 2 weeks for some 15" wheels and MT tires.
NEW JEEP 8 12 3 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).gif

jeep s 1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Reactions: RFAASRMA
I found these rims
https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/pts/d/westmont-2007-to-2020-jeep-wrangler/7309911547.html

This guys swears these will fit a 04-06 LJ no mods. Is he wrong? I may go today and see if they fit. I only need rims.
The backspacing is different too so if you don’t get the size right wheel spacers you’ll rub the lower control arms. Add the price of those to whatever you’re planning on spending for those wheels.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Yes. With spacers. Every jeep on here with jk 17 inch rims. Is using spacers. They run around $100.

I don't know where you're shopping, but I just paid $250 for a set of spidertrax spacers (not adapters, keeping the same bolt pattern for some 5.25" BS 15's I'm about to put 35's on)

EDIT: I did sell some JK-to-TJ adapters a few months ago for $100...used and of unknown brand that wasn't spidertrax.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I don't know where you're shopping, but I just paid $250 for a set of spidertrax spacers (not adapters, keeping the same bolt pattern for some 5.25" BS 15's I'm about to put 35's on)

EDIT: I did sell some JK-to-TJ adapters a few months ago for $100...used and of unknown brand that wasn't spidertrax.
Spidertrax are overrated and overpriced. I paid $85 for a set of 4 (Titanwheelaccessories.com) that were just as good /aka same materials.

Spidertrax are overrated and overpriced. I paid $85 for a set of 4 (Titanwheelaccessories.com) that were just as good /aka same materials.

maybe so. But this is my first use of spacers and I'm not that excited about it, and having a brand I've heard of makes me a little more comfortable with the idea.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I put together a cheap package of JK Recon take-off wheels and new BFG KO2s in 285/70R17s and was happy with them. Used adapters from Amazon... Can't remember the brand, but they looked just as good almost a year later when I took them off.

That said, I'm very happy with my move from the 17" wheels to some 16" '06 TJ Moabs.

Last edited: