15% off everything on eBay until 12 AM!

Thanks for the heads up @Chris. I just bought my shop heater. 75 bucks off softened the blow a little bit. Now my jeep will have a nice warm place to hibernate!

60,000 BTU closed combustion unit heater from Sterling.

I've been meaning to get something very similar. I'm tired of working in the garage when it's cold in there. I'd like a nice heater to keep it warm. Of course it might be wise to insulate the garage door in some way or another, to keep the heat in as much as possible.
Definitely want to insulate. I insulated mine a couple years ago, and have been using space heaters to warm it up when I'm out there. If you have uninsulated space, you might just think about picking up a liquid fuel (like kerosene) tube heater (I call em salamander heaters). They kick out a TON of heat when they are on, but they are not used to keep the space warm all the time. Its just something to turn on when you're working.

Something like this...

View attachment 67951

I used one of these for years until I built my shop space. I've rebuilt many small engines and done lots of brake jobs by the heat from one of these. Takes the chill out of the air, but they will make everything "wet" in your shop. One of the byproducts of combustion is water vapor...which then condenses on your cold tools.

My garage walls are insulated, it's the garage door that needs to be insulated. Once I take care of that, I'll probably look for a solution like what you ended up going with. I'd like to keep it permanently heated, even if it's at a lower temperature than the rest of the house.

Picked up some Core 4x4 tier 2 adjustable rear upper CAs, has a JJ on one end. saved $30. I know they ain't double adjustable but for $170 figured I'd get the parts stack going for the tuck.

I've been meaning to get something very similar. I'm tired of working in the garage when it's cold in there. I'd like a nice heater to keep it warm. Of course it might be wise to insulate the garage door in some way or another, to keep the heat in as much as possible.

My garage walls are insulated, it's the garage door that needs to be insulated. Once I take care of that, I'll probably look for a solution like what you ended up going with. I'd like to keep it permanently heated, even if it's at a lower temperature than the rest of the house.
To insulate your garage door you can use 1.5 inch thick styrofoam, cut to size and glued to the inside of your garage door, if you have a typical metal garage door.

When I bought my garage door I was offered the option/upgrade for an insulated door. All they do is glue 1.5 inch thick styrofoam cut to fit, to the inside of the metal door.

At least that's how it's done in Texas where we don't typically insulate our garage doors.

Reactions: Chris
To insulate your garage door you can use 1.5 inch thick styrofoam, cut to size and glued to the inside of your garage door, if you have a typical metal garage door.

When I bought my garage door I was offered the option/upgrade for an insulated door. All they do is glue 1.5 inch thick styrofoam cut to fit, to the inside of the metal door.

At least that's how it's done in Texas where we don't typically insulate our garage doors.

I've seen this too. However for high quality insulated garage doors they actually use a foam core. See Intellicore. It makes a big difference.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris