15" wheels

Missem211

I need new wheels and tires for '98 sport. I'm limited to 15" wheels since the frame is too rusty to lift.
I've seen the same year with 31x10.50R15 which I like. My local jeep guy isn't sure about the 15 rims I found bc of the 3.75 backspace (stock is 4.5) and the potential that the jeep isn't as high as it was stock.
Can anyone give me advice/suggestions on wheels and tires for this situation?

I need new wheels and tires for '98 sport. I'm limited to 15" wheels since the frame is too rusty to lift.
I've seen the same year with 31x10.50R15 which I like. My local jeep guy isn't sure about the 15 rims I found bc of the 3.75 backspace (stock is 4.5) and the potential that the jeep isn't as high as it was stock.

You can run 16" wheels if you want to. I would reccomend that you stick with 15" wheels since the tire selection is better but you have other options. As far as back spacing, stock backspacing was 5.5". A lot of aftermarket wheels use 3.75" of backspacing. If you only plan on using 31x10.5 tires, any stock wheel would work. Just about Any aftermarket wheel would work. Your options are pretty limitless.

Not sure what you mean by "the Jeep isn't as high as it was stock." If you mean the springs might have sagged, just check. Stock front measurements from base of spring up to the coil springbisolator is 12". Rear is 8". Even if your sagging some I can't imagine you couldn't run a 15" rim with 3.75" BS and a 31x10.5. Should be fine. Mine was sagging and I ran the same for awhile

Stock back space on YJ, TJ is 5.5".

Check out this... Lists ALL the stock rims..

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wrangler-tj-stock-specifications.71/

Any of these will fit the 31x10.50R15s

I'm running 33x10.50R15s on the stock 15x7 Steel Spoke Rims. Stock Rubi suspension too. So 31x10.50R15s should fit a '98.

BFG KO2s 001.jpg

Last edited: