17 inch JK wheels on a TJ—Will this work?

I used 2" spacers on a stock suspension (for now) and have no issues with 255/75-17s (32"). This is on-road mind you. It'll have 2" more lift at some point and I want to put 6" flares on it to cover the tires.

Tim

Before I got my new wheels, I had 18" JK wheels on my TJ, with what was the equivalent of about 32" tires. The Jeep originally had no suspension lift, but I believe it has a 1" body lift on it. With that said, there was generally enough clearance that you could drive it on the highway without much issue, but off-roading was really out of the question. The only thing I really didn't like about them was that they were 7.5" wide, and the tires that were on it looked too thin to be right (visually) for the vehicle. I've since replaced them, but I still have the rims. Once I have a garage, I may put mud tires on the new rims, and street tires on the old, just to keep from wearing out the mud tires highway driving.

You need 5x4.5 to 5x5 wheel spacers.

These are the ones I am running on my JK wheels which I have on my TJ:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Hi Chris, I followed this link last week and it gave me Rocktrix spacers, now it shows ECCPP. Not sure if Amazon is pulling a switch out or not. Either way, the Rocktrix seem good, but I would like to see more threads engaged. I count 8.5. Is it common to have that many unused threads on the lugs? Pic below. Sorry if it's upside down.
20200203_121045.png

Hi Chris, I followed this link last week and it gave me Rocktrix spacers, now it shows ECCPP. Not sure if Amazon is pulling a switch out or not. Either way, the Rocktrix seem good, but I would like to see more threads engaged. I count 8.5. Is it common to have that many unused threads on the lugs? Pic below. Sorry if it's upside down. View attachment 138332

You should have way more threads engaged than that. I was using the ECCPP spacers on mine (which that link should be for) and had threads coming out the end of those nuts.

Very well, back to Amazon they go. ECPP it is...
Thanks and I plan to become a supporting member. This forum has been a gold mine of information!

Very well, back to Amazon they go. ECPP it is...
Thanks and I plan to become a supporting member. This forum has been a gold mine of information!
Just my opinion, but if you do much offroading, I wouldn't recommend drilled & slotted rotors.

Additionally; to anyone adding spacers, don't forget to remove the rotor retainers.

The ECCPP fit a little more snug over the hub than the Rocktrix, so that's good. Now I get 9.5 turns, maybe close to 10 when torqued to 95 ft-lbs. That and some red thread-locker and I'm good. Thanks!
20200205_111451.jpg

Reactions: Leroy_TJ and Chris
yah now go for about 100mi and take the wheels back off and recheck torque........and then every time you do tire rotations.

Will do. I leave on May 3 to drive it to Penn State where it will remain for years. Its on my checklist.

Will do. I leave on May 3 to drive it to Penn State where it will remain for years. Its on my checklist.

as in PA.?
i'd slather that thing all slick and wet underneath with fluid film, as well as a good coating on the inside of the frame. and then freshen it every fall if it's to be up here for any winter driving.

Those are the ones, ECCPP. Check because sometimes the Amazon link plays tricks. I haven't driven the jeep yet since I'm still doing brakes and shocks, also lots of rust proofing. I don't think there will be any rubbing since I just removed some cheaper, non-hubcentric adapters that were also 1.25 inch.

Reactions: Leroy_TJ