Advice on 17 inch wheels and 33 inch tires

My Dad almost bought a place there in the 90s when it was much more affordable. Look at how outrageous the prices there are now!

Everything in the Bend area is pretty high, but Sunriver was basically built in the 70's and is now looking pretty dated. They are working to give the community a facelift but all it would take is another similar community that was up to date to cause Sunriver's prices to fall. So far that hasn't happened, but I feel it's ripe for the picking.

Everything in the Bend area is pretty high, but Sunriver was basically built in the 70's and is now looking pretty dated. They are working to give the community a facelift but all it would take is another similar community that was up to date to cause Sunriver's prices to fall. So far that hasn't happened, but I feel it's ripe for the picking.

I think I like Sunriver so much (regardless of it's aging) because of the nostalgic place it holds in my heart (tons of childhood memories).

My wife and I would love to live in Bend or Sunriver, but sadly it's way out of our price range. We looked when we bought our house here in Salem last year.

I think I like Sunriver so much (regardless of it's aging) because of the nostalgic place it holds in my heart (tons of childhood memories).

My wife and I would love to live in Bend or Sunriver, but sadly it's way out of our price range. We looked when we bought our house here in Salem last year.
We bought our place in Bend in 2001 as a second home while living in Beaverton. We moved here full time a year later and never looked back.

Reactions: Chris
Sunriver is a nice place to vacation, but owning a home there is another story. The HOA is crazy! If you want to pass gas within 6 feet of a Juniper tree, you have to go before the HOA board 3 weeks in advance of the proposed passing of gas. You want to paint your home?? Oh my God you have no idea what that would involve!

Reactions: StG58
Sunriver is a nice place to vacation, but owning a home there is another story. The HOA is crazy! If you want to pass gas within 6 feet of a Juniper tree, you have to go before the HOA board 3 weeks in advance of the proposed passing of gas. You want to paint your home?? Oh my God you have no idea what that would involve!

Yes, I've heard this about Sunriver from multiple people, the HOA is a nightmare. And I know from firsthand experience how HOAs can be. That's one reason I am damn happy that the neighborhood we live in is not an HOA neighborhood. Often times I think those things can do more harm than good!

HOA is teh debil. Seriously? Someone is going to tell me what color I can paint my house/fence, etc? Opening a nerve here!

Reactions: BendLarry