1973 M151a2 Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

InOmaha

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
If anyone is looking for some history these old Jeeps are fun. They are low miles when the top speed is 50 mph. No seat belts and your seat is a piece of cloth covering a metal plate on top of your gas tank.

Screenshot_20200723-203457_Lite.jpg
Screenshot_20200723-203510_Lite.jpg

Reactions: Hog
I don't personally like the Mutt but I guess some people do. Sure as hell wouldn't pay 10k for one. Gimmie a CJ2A or M38 or M38A1 or even CJ5. Didn't Ford make those?

My father in law has a 1952 M38a1. It makes a TJ look like a luxury car. But it sure is fun.

Reactions: pagrey
A lot of people made 151s... before the hummer came out I put a bunch of miles on them and wouldn't give 10k for one.

They are fun I guess, and filled with good memories for me. Handle like shit, have no power, uncomfortable and will flip at low speeds. Cold as a witches tittie on Halloween.

Try driving in Watertown, NY in the winter with no heat and wind rushing through the top.

Don’t own an old Jeep, but I do have a dune buggy same sketchy open air idea with a low top speed,
I have to say, I have friends with 800whp vetts that would rather ride in the buggy, feels 10 times is fast and you can push it to the limit everywhere, cops don’t even blink.

Status
Not open for further replies.