1988 Jeep Comanche - $35K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Nice swap & nice rig but IMO not worth $35K

1988 Jeep Comanche · Truck · Driven 4,500 miles Build list:
1988 Jeep comanche Pioneer
3.9HO 4BT Motor Cummins stage 2 fuel pin Cummins 3200rpm governor spring
700R4 Transmission B&M Shifter
NP241C transfer case w/ Advanced Adapters Trans Cable Shifter
2 inch 3 row aluminum radiator 3 electric cooling fans
35x12.5 Tires 17inch Monster 2's wheels
Ford 8.8 rear axle with rear disk brake IornRock Off road Rear 8.8 Axle Truss
Front 1999 Cherokee.HP Dana 30 Front
2004 WJ Cherokee Big Brake kit
Skyjacker 8inch front Coils 8inch Long Arm 4 Link Front
8 inch rear leafspring
Fox Shox 2.0 Fully adjustable dampeing Fox Shox adjustable remote reservoir
2019 Jeep JK Wrangler 1 Ton Steering
Boostworks Engineering steering brace
RockJock Anti Rock swaybar
ATS performance Hydro fluid-Dampner
BushWacker Flat Fenders 3inch
Fully Reupholstered leather seats
SMS Headliners Black headliner
LMC Truck Black Carpet
RockfordFosgate speakers doors/dash
Custom Bed Roll Cage
A-pillar Boost Gauge, Pyrometer Gauge

_nc_ohc=hrijiyV1_YEAX8gGb8W&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=XtY5GYTKjCcAX8Iv1lM&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=-50Du5Xqn0AAX_CoOQr&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=z2hLwchDkK0AX9qBS78&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

X8TNSdR&tn=BgcLPLcFDlaHyPP9&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=L0xDfpelzwYAX88TK6p&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=sVdcSqU92agAX-ZaDkX&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=s3-0-XywAf4AX9Gh_7p&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Anyone who swaps a 4BT into their Jeep is misguided. While that’s a good looking rig, a 4BT is an archaic piece of shit.

That’s my opinion at least 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Anyone who swaps a 4BT into their Jeep is misguided. While that’s a good looking rig, a 4BT is an archaic piece of shit.

That’s my opinion at least 😆

The 4BT still has it's place. But I'm not a normal thinker as I'd consider swapping one into a Jeep. But we know I'm not your standard cup of tea either.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
The 4BT still has it's place. But I'm not a normal thinker as I'd consider swapping one into a Jeep. But we know I'm not your standard cup of tea either.
It’s place is in a box truck from yesteryear 😆

It’s incredibly heavy, loud as fuck, and the only thing it has going for it is reliability and maybe decent MPG. The only way I can see it being any better than the 4.0 is fuel economy.

The worst experience I’ve ever had in a TJ (true story) was one with a 4BT swap. I’ll never understand the Internet obsession with Diesel engines.

Anyways, besides the engine swap it’s a good looking rig, albeit way overpriced IMHO.

It’s place is in a box truck from yesteryear 😆

It’s incredibly heavy, loud as fuck, and the only thing it has going for it is reliability and maybe decent MPG. The only way I can see it being any better than the 4.0 is fuel economy.

The worst experience I’ve ever had in a TJ (true story) was one with a 4BT swap. I’ll never understand the Internet obsession with Diesel engines.

Anyways, besides the engine swap it’s a good looking rig, albeit way overpriced IMHO.

While I won't argue that it's a loud and heavy PIG of a engine it makes some good power numbers and can make a lot more when tweaked. Our rigs are from yesteryear yet we continue to dump money into them.

I'm a Cummins fan and I have tweaked all my trucks except this new one. And the only reason I've left it alone was cause I bought a 8 year warranty for it. All my other Ram trucks have had tunes and engine mods. So the 4BT just has a sweet spot for me. But I get the dislike for it also.

Diesels are the new Hot Rods of the 60's & 70's. And until 2008 & newer they could be made to make some CRAZY power.

I'm a Cummins fan and I have tweaked all my trucks except this new one. And the only reason I've left it alone was cause I bought a 8 year warranty for it. All my other Ram trucks have had tunes and engine mods. So the 4BT just has a sweet spot for me. But I get the dislike for it also.

Diesels are the new Hot Rods of the 60's & 70's. And until 2008 & newer they could be made to make some CRAZY power.
I hate diesels, especially the Duramax. I would rather have a root canal than work on one.

However they can make some crazy power. A Dodge pickup used to run 9.80's at the local track by me.

Reactions: Wildman
I hate diesels, especially the Duramax. I would rather have a root canal than work on one.

However they can make some crazy power. A Dodge pickup used to run 9.80's at the local track by me.

It depends on the diesel as to how hard they are to work on. The GM & Ford (International) V-8's are a PITA most times.

I started working on diesels in the military and learned how to do a lot of tweaks and things for more power. And grew to respect the POWER they can put out.

I have what that would have looked like before he modified it ... also an '88 but about 95% stock. Although I appreciate the work done on it I'd have a hard time doing that to mine. That's a LOT of money for an MJ.

21-04-20 2.JPG

Reactions: JMT
Status
Not open for further replies.