1997-2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2.5 Turbo Install Guide

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
For those of you with 1997-2002 Jeep Wrangler TJs with the 2.5 4-cylinder, this is a great resource on how to turbocharge your engine.

@Wildman shared this great resource with me, so I wanted to post it up here on the forum in a resource thread as I am certain this would help others out.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 97-02 Jeep Wrangler TJ 2.5 Turbo Install Guide.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 2,114
Since my Jeep will still see some off road action I’m a little concerned about the exhaust running along the bottom. Should I be? Maybe a shield can be fab’d up to protect it. Thoughts??

Since my Jeep will still see some off road action I’m a little concerned about the exhaust running along the bottom. Should I be? Maybe a shield can be fab’d up to protect it. Thoughts??

Not sure what you are talking about? Your exhaust isn't in risk of being damaged anymore now than if you install a turbo.

Not sure what you are talking about? Your exhaust isn't in risk of being damaged anymore now than if you install a turbo.
Some of the images I saw have the exhaust running to the turbo running under the oil pan. It looked much lower than the regular exhaust. Maybe not, I don’t know...that’s why I brought it up.

Reactions: Wildman
Some of the images I saw have the exhaust running to the turbo running under the oil pan. It looked much lower than the regular exhaust. Maybe not, I don’t know...that’s why I brought it up.

Well you would want an engine skid for it anyhow if you plan to do any wheeling with it and that would protect the exhaust.

Well you would want an engine skid for it anyhow if you plan to do any wheeling with it and that would protect the exhaust.
Might take me awhile but I’m going to start collecting all the items needed to try this out. Really excited about giving it a try.

Might take me awhile but I’m going to start collecting all the items needed to try this out. Really excited about giving it a try.

Once you get it done please let us know how it turns out. And do a build thread if you would.

For those of you with 1997-2002 Jeep Wrangler TJs with the 2.5 4-cylinder, this is a great resource on how to turbocharge your engine.

@Wildman shared this great resource with me, so I wanted to post it up here on the forum in a resource thread as I am certain this would help others out.

Enjoy!
That’s the one I found I was just struggling to find all the parts because one of the websites, turbo city, doesn’t exist anymore

That’s the one I found I was just struggling to find all the parts because one of the websites, turbo city, doesn’t exist anymore
Honestly it would be easier to just build your own turbo kit. It wouldn’t be that hard in all honesty.