Illinois 1997 TJ restored in August 2022 and wrecked in September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

3jeep-mike

Supporting Member
Price
I have a 97 wrangler that was a restoration project started in May 2022 and finished in August 2022. Hit and totaled by a clueless Karen in September 2022.

New parts: Front Fenders, new 5spd trans, new transfer case, new water pump, radiator, machined head with valve job, new engine gaskets, new clutch, new flywheel, new steering box, new spice color top w uppers, all new weather strip, new carpet kit, sensors, and many more new parts. Only put 200 miles on after restoration. New paint on the 1/2 doors, fenders, hood, cowl, grille, inner fenders, windshield frame. Tub is from a rust free 2003.

Hit in right rear corner. Tub is repairable. Will need a right rear quarter, tailgate and probably a few other braces under the body. Don't know for sure.

Front axel is good, front suspension is good. Has a 2" suspension lift on it. Decent green Sahara front and rear seats. Ran great before it was hit. After the accident it started for a few minutes and ran out of fuel. I suspect a relay is tripped or wiring is damaged but didn't diagnose it after the crash. Has 4 decent 33's on Pro Comp 15" wheels painted black. Has LED headlights.

Rear axel shaft snapped off on right side, brake lights destroyed, fender flares destroyed, frame was blasted and treated with POR 15. Welded solid box frame patches. Would probably need to be placed on a frame machine and checked, not sure if it's twisted, but wouldn't be surprised.

I didn't have to surrender the title and kept it after the insurance company paid a settlement (significantly less than it was worth... as expected of course). I think the title is clean, but honestly wasn't told if they did anything with the State and didn't ask.

I would like to sell it whole and reasonable offers are certainly welcome, I have hundreds of hours invested and over $10k in parts and materials. You'd have to pick it up on a trailer. Low Ballers can call someone else, I posted this in the TJ forum because I know this community knows the value of the vehicle the way it sits. You can contact me here, I will check the forum as often as possible.

Attached are some before the resto pics, during the resto pics, replacement tub, finished pics and after the asshole destroyed the Jeep pics... Let me know if you have any questions or want any other pics and I will post them.

IMG_1402[1].JPG

CXMA2151[1].JPG

IMG_1402[1].JPG

FVIC3784[1].JPG

IMG_1533[1].JPG

IMG_2042[1].JPG

IMG_2438[1].JPG

IMG_4156[1].JPG

IMG_2639[1].JPG

IMG_2640[1].JPG

IMG_8650[1].JPG

You can also look at my other posts of pics as the TJ was being restored for more complete details of the depth taken during the restoration.

That must have been painful after all that work.

Why are you selling it? No insurance to cover the repair work or total it?

Reactions: lBasket
That must have been painful after all that work.

Why are you selling it? No insurance to cover the repair work or total it?

Very painful. Insurance paid enough to buy something drivable right away, as this was a daily driver. Don't have the heart or patience or time or $$ to restore it a 2nd time. Easy project for someone looking for a very solid start to a great TJ. Painted it factory stone white. Easy paint match if someone replaced the 1/4 panel and tailgate parts.

Very painful. Insurance paid enough to buy something drivable right away, as this was a daily driver. Don't have the heart or patience or time or $$ to restore it a 2nd time. Easy project for someone looking for a very solid start to a great TJ. Painted it factory stone white. Easy paint match if someone replaced the 1/4 panel and tailgate parts.

Gotcha. I missed that when I read through your description the first time. Good luck with the sale.

Too bad about the Jeep. If anyone has the time, this might be your missing piece.

Screenshot_20230203_140154_Brave.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
I have a 97 wrangler that was a restoration project started in May 2022 and finished in August 2022. Hit and totaled by a clueless Karen in September 2022.

New parts: Front Fenders, new 5spd trans, new transfer case, new water pump, radiator, machined head with valve job, new engine gaskets, new clutch, new flywheel, new steering box, new spice color top w uppers, all new weather strip, new carpet kit, sensors, and many more new parts. Only put 200 miles on after restoration. New paint on the 1/2 doors, fenders, hood, cowl, grille, inner fenders, windshield frame. Tub is from a rust free 2003.

Hit in right rear corner. Tub is repairable. Will need a right rear quarter, tailgate and probably a few other braces under the body. Don't know for sure.

Front axel is good, front suspension is good. Has a 2" suspension lift on it. Decent green Sahara front and rear seats. Ran great before it was hit. After the accident it started for a few minutes and ran out of fuel. I suspect a relay is tripped or wiring is damaged but didn't diagnose it after the crash. Has 4 decent 33's on Pro Comp 15" wheels painted black. Has LED headlights.

Rear axel shaft snapped off on right side, brake lights destroyed, fender flares destroyed, frame was blasted and treated with POR 15. Welded solid box frame patches. Would probably need to be placed on a frame machine and checked, not sure if it's twisted, but wouldn't be surprised.

I didn't have to surrender the title and kept it after the insurance company paid a settlement (significantly less than it was worth... as expected of course). I think the title is clean, but honestly wasn't told if they did anything with the State and didn't ask.

I would like to sell it whole and reasonable offers are certainly welcome, I have hundreds of hours invested and over $10k in parts and materials. You'd have to pick it up on a trailer. Low Ballers can call someone else, I posted this in the TJ forum because I know this community knows the value of the vehicle the way it sits. You can contact me here, I will check the forum as often as possible.

Attached are some before the resto pics, during the resto pics, replacement tub, finished pics and after the asshole destroyed the Jeep pics... Let me know if you have any questions or want any other pics and I will post them.

View attachment 396512

View attachment 396514

View attachment 396515

View attachment 396516

View attachment 396517

View attachment 396519

View attachment 396520

View attachment 396521

View attachment 396523

View attachment 396524

View attachment 396525

Are you selling the soft half door uppers? Or the soft top with parts to instal? And half doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.