1997 Wrangler TJ O2 Connector

jdkoontz

Supporting Member
I've been looking to replace the O2 connector on the harness side on the upstream O2. I cannot find it anywhere. Any suggestions? I received the S1933 connector and appears to be the Downstream connector. Thanks!

Wonder if this is a quirk of the 97s issue.

Both of mine are zip tied together. O2 side tabs are broken. I think.

I've replaced just about every sensor on my 97 TJ chasing misfires. All of them have been random auto parts store brands.

Need to spend some time identifying the O2s.

Curious if someone knows how to find the connectors.

-Mac

Yep. The upstream connector on mine was completely burnt on one side and I have been chasing a big problem and come to find out the previous owner installed the O2 sensor 180 out of turn in the connector. Runs alot better now. Go figure.

It's funny that I can find the downstream connector every where, but no upstream connectors. I may modify the downstream. The keying is different.

I ran into this problem when I got my TJ… it is a quirk of the 97 year model… if I remember correctly there is a square plug on the ‘95 and a round plug on the ’97… the parts house computer showed that the square plug sensor was what I needed but I actually needed the round plug sensor… instead of going back I cut the plug off the old one and put it on the new one and had no problems…

• USA Proud
Reactions: hear
Dorman makes a few different o2 sensor pigtails and they have pictures. Have you checked into that?

Dorman has lots of pigtails for O2 connectors, but they seem to only show the female side. That would be the sensor side.

Ok look for something called an 02 sensor extension harness. This will have both ends. Just cut and splice

I needed one of these for a different year, I believe the link I found in the o2 sensor mega thread pointed to Michigan Motor Sports. iirc.

Reactions: P man
I needed one of these for a different year, I believe the link I found in the o2 sensor mega thread pointed to Michigan Motor Sports. iirc.

I bought one through summit years ago but am struggling to remember the manufactures name.

1683379839504.png

Looks possible, but pricey.

The FSM shows this as the upstream AND downstream connector for all years 97-2000.

1E004CC4-6821-4F0F-A2BC-DB0592CE7ECB.jpeg