1997 Wrangler TJ tub-off restoration build

First coat.. coming out good

20191230_172714.jpg

20191230_172701.jpg

20191230_172653.jpg

20191230_172613.jpg

20191230_172640.jpg

Personally I can't see myself ever going to a 10.50 but I like all the tire width I can get. Fatter tires mean more tread on the ground/ rocks. May not be as good in heavy rain but personally I've had more trouble with my wife's civic hydroplaning than I have in the jeep with big tires.

Personally I can't see myself ever going to a 10.50 but I like all the tire width I can get. Fatter tires mean more tread on the ground/ rocks. May not be as good in heavy rain but personally I've had more trouble with my wife's civic hydroplaning than I have in the jeep with big tires.
I hear the 12.5s which are mostly mod tires are somehow noisy on the road.
I will also be putting back the stock fender fleres, so not sure if the 12.5 will stick out way too much.

I will also be putting back the stock fender fleres, so not sure if the 12.5 will stick out way too much.
Depends on what backspacing your wheels have. I run a 15x8 wheel with 3.75" BS on a 10.50 wide tire, with Rubi flares, which are one inch wider than stock flares, and they still stick out past the flares about 3/4".
20180123_084031.jpg

Reactions: Ephry73

If you are planning on running stock flares the 10.5 would probably be better. For my use I like the wider tires.

Mud tires no matter the width are going to be noisy in comparison to an all terrain tire. If you are mostly going to drive on the street I'd definitely buy an all terrain tire. I've had great luck with BFG KO tires on my truck (although they aren't cheap). They are super quiet for their size and look good too. They aren't great in mud though but are great for mild offroading and even playing in the rocks from time to time. I spent a few days on the rubicon with a Jeep running BFG KO's and it did just fine.

If you are planning on running stock flares the 10.5 would probably be better. For my use I like the wider tires.

Mud tires no matter the width are going to be noisy in comparison to an all terrain tire. If you are mostly going to drive on the street I'd definitely buy an all terrain tire. I've had great luck with BFG KO tires on my truck (although they aren't cheap). They are super quiet for their size and look good too. They aren't great in mud though but are great for mild offroading and even playing in the rocks from time to time. I spent a few days on the rubicon with a Jeep running BFG KO's and it did just fine.
Not planning on going offroading. Mostly high way driving. I just like the aggressive look of mud tires.
Here is the wheel i will use.. wll just clean it up and spray it. They are 31×10.5x15

20191230_120845.jpg