1997 Wrangler TJ tub-off restoration build

That TJ looks practically brand new. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but have you decided on which bumpers you are going with or will you be sourcing some stock bumpers in the meantime?

I will def be getting new bumpers, just not sure what to get yet. For the rear I like those with a tire carrier.
Any recommendation will be appreciated. Am trying to get something nice.

Any recommendations of tailight? I see people run those round light or tht jk light.
Some of the round once require cutting a hole some don't.
Anyone running these??

Any recommendations of tailight? I see people run those round light or tht jk light.
Some of the round once require cutting a hole some don't.
Anyone running these??
I run TrailTails - love them. They are almost indestructible and don’t need any cutting to fit up...just mount straight to the tub with the oem holes. Super bright for braking and I can actually see with the white backup leds.

I run TrailTails - love them. They are almost indestructible and don’t need any cutting to fit up...just mount straight to the tub with the oem holes. Super bright for braking and I can actually see with the white backup leds.
Cool..do you get all the lights out if it or you run additional reverse light?
Do they come with a wiring harness or you slice and connect them up?

Cool..do you get all the lights out if it or you run additional reverse light?
Do they come with a wiring harness or you slice and connect them up?
I don’t run any additional light - just a backup camera and the white leds I can see just fine. The wires come individual but if you just cut the plug off your old taillight you can wire that and make it easy to disconnnect in the future!

haven't worked on it much. I have put on some cheap wheels and tires I got of the marketplace.
I am also trying to mod the front and rear bumpers, then will mount the rear tire.

To be continued.....

3.png

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Nice transformation!

seeing you go through all this work makes me happy that I’m not in the north East!

Reactions: myjeep3
@myjeep3 , to where/what did you ground your fuel filler neck? My ground strap was only attached to the fuel filler neck and I never did find where the other side of the ground was originally connected.