1997 Wrangler TJ tub-off restoration build

bottom floor is complete. Sorry I didnt remember to take some final images but here is one.
The image attached was taking before I closed all up and sprayed bed liner. The tub is not seating the right way. Will seam seal the interior, spray it, then start working on the body, which goesnt much.

I am have to slow down a bit as am running out of $$ to buy parts and material :cry:. Any donations are welcome :)

20191101_122741.jpg

Isn't it funny that the hardest part of a restore is lining up the money, time and willingness? I always seem to have 2 of the 3 ready to go.

Isn't it funny that the hardest part of a restore is lining up the money, time and willingness? I always seem to have 2 of the 3 ready to go.

Yes, that is so true. time and willingness is what i have left..lol...

It's looking awesome! My envy is strong with this one haha
I just redid my floor pans and I wanted so badly to be able to find a frame donor at the same time. Some day when I'm rich and famous (sweatpants model) I have plans to do the same as your doing so I'm loving your build thread!

It's looking awesome! My envy is strong with this one haha
I just redid my floor pans and I wanted so badly to be able to find a frame donor at the same time. Some day when I'm rich and famous (sweatpants model) I have plans to do the same as your doing so I'm loving your build thread!
Lol.. it take time, motivation and alot cash...lol

Finally done with the bottom and interior of the tub.. I seam sealed the floor and applied a quick paint.. I will be putting a new carpet down, so dont mind how rough it looks.

Will start preping the body for paint. Its time to put the body on the frame but
I need the fuel filler neck if anyone has an extra one. Mine rusted out.

20191201_125125.jpg

Reactions: Mike Alfano
Nice work ! Did you use por15? I heard it's good, I just dont like how it looks after it drayes.

I use it on the frame. Didn't have rust of the body as I replaced all the panels, So i end up using Rustolium then used a bedliner paint over it.

I've used POR15 on my older VW Beetles and the stuff is unreal ! specially with two coats. KBS is also very good to use. Didn't catch what you were using for inside the frame.

I've used POR15 on my older VW Beetles and the stuff is unreal ! specially with two coats. KBS is also very good to use. Didn't catch what you were using for inside the frame.

I used the Internal chassis coating from Eastwoods

Last edited:
The body went back on the frame, with new body mounts and bolts. Was a lil tricky ligning up the 16 holes, but did figure it out.
Now am working on cleaning the engine, already did the rear section. Also doing valve cover gaskets, oil pan, and rear main seal. Already did thermostat n water pump, both with new housing.

Will thn install the fenders, doors, the hood and front grill before sanding all done.

20191212_214327.jpg

20191212_214339.jpg

20191212_214356.jpg

20191212_214322.jpg

Can someone help out figuring where I need to bold ground wires? My memory blinked out and cant remember where the ground wires go and how many are on the car.

Repaired some body arear then primed it. Working on repairing few spots on doors, hood and tailgate. Those will be painted off the car.

Probably easier to paint them on the car but trying to decide if i should paint them black or keep the red as the body color.

By the way the paint code PR4 is very expensive. Good thing i know someone at the paint shop who hooked me up.

Stay tuned for more images

20191229_155945.jpg

20191229_155845.jpg

20191229_154854.jpg

20191229_154854.jpg

20191229_152754.jpg

20191229_152747.jpg