SOLD 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamestown Jeeper

Price
$11,750
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sahara 4-wheel drive in stone white with spice and green interior. This Jeep is exceptionally clean as it has been thoroughly refreshed with many significant upgrades. Strong 6 cylinder 4.0L engine and automatic transmission. 179,000 miles. This has been my project for the last few years, and has never been ridden hard or abused. Clean title in hand. Clean Carfax with no accidents and a service history going back to when it was new. Asking: $11,750

When I purchased this Jeep TJ in 2016, it was already in good shape. It had not been off-roaded or abused the way so many other old Jeeps have been. It did not need a full restoration. So, I spent the next three years going over the entire vehicle, fixing or improving everything I could find to turn this TJ into a very nice and dependable Jeep.

I'll start with what I know isn't perfect:
-Right fender rust spot & paint repair isn't perfect - 5"x5" area needs to be resprayed.
-Left fender has a similar rust bubble
-Yes, the mileage is a little high, but I chose not to replace the engine or transmission since they are in great shape and very well cared for.

Here is a list of what was done:

Professional frame restoration, rust removal, and rust proofing. All areas of frame rust were removed and seam-welded in place with thicker-than-original steel which was then rust-proofed on the exterior with POR15 and inside the frame with Eastwood internal frame rust inhibitor. All frame mounts and bolts were replaced with brand new ones.

New frameless soft top -Best Top SuperTop NX featuring:

Frameless fastback style soft top with Sunrider sunroof, removable windows, factory style-door surrounds, and with windows removed, functions as a Safari Bikini Top. Tailgate bar allows you to open tailgate without opening the rear window.

UPDATE (09/10/20): A spice-colored hardtop in excellent condition is included -I failed to mention that original post

New high-end ACC pile carpet and padding throughout vehicle

New WeatherTech front and rear floor liners

Four new Mickey Thompson Baja All Terrain tires on new Mickey Thompson polished steel Classic III wheels (Tires are 32x11.5 R15 and wheels are 15x8)

New battery

New exhaust manifold

Major engine tune-up with new spark plugs, ignition coil, and new valve cover gasket

New air bag computer and accelerometer

New transmission pan and lube-locker gasket with new synthetic transmission oil

Coolant flush and refill

New Throttle position sensor

New Camshaft position sensor

New Manifold air temperature sensor

New Oil pressure sending unit

New Idle speed sensor

Regular oil changes with Mobile 1 full synthetic

Both front and rear differentials have been serviced

Removed and rust-roofed skid plate and installed with all new bolts

New rear axle assembly

New Quadratec 5-layer cover

New passenger and driver side door retention straps

New upper and lower oxygen sensors

New front Black Magic brake pads and rotors

New rear brake shoes and drums

New longer wheel studs in all four wheels to more safely accommodate larger wheels and tires

New frame mounted trailer hitch with 2” receiver

New chrome side view mirrors

New polished steel door hinges, hood latches, and hinge bolts

New polished steel tubular running boards

New polished steel tubular front bumper

New polished steel tubular rear bumper

New polished steel exterior door handles

New polished steel radiator guards

New polished steel sill plates

New Chrome KC driving lights

New LED tail lights

New LED running lights

Sony stereo with CD and sound-bar with upgraded Kicker speakers

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to see the CarFax or additional pictures.

IMG_4741.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4762.jpeg

IMG_4768.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

IMG_4773.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg