1998 Jeep Wrangler Wont Start

Swainfluuu

Alright All. I'm struggling a bit with my 1998 jeep wrangler 2.5 L. A few months ago I went to pull the jeep out of my driveway and it started up fine but was idling really rough. As soon as I pressed on the gas the jeep stalled. It has not started since. I replaced the MAF sensor, checked the fuel pressure (40 PSI when primed) and can get it started for a few seconds with starter fluid, but again it idles extremely rough when it does. The jeep has 87K miles on it and because i'm not a mechanic I have no idea what to check next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excuse my ignorance because I seriously have no idea what im doing... but would 10 psi cause this thing not to start?

After a failed attempt to start, what do your spark plugs look like? Are they soaked with fuel? What color are they? Getting good spark? What is the compression of the engine cylinders?

This will all be fairly easy to gather for troubleshooting...

If it starts with starting fluid then you're not getting fuel. @jeffmarion is right, the 2.5 should be somewhere around 50 +/-

This. Starting fluid is a diagnostic tool. It doesn't mean you don't have multiple issues. But if it fires with starter fluid you need to address your fuel system first.