1998 Jeep Wrangler

I need some help! I'm in the market to buy a jeep and I found a 1998 jeep wrangler tj se I4 engine. The previous owner rebuilt the engine to a l6 cylinder. Dose that increase or decrease the value of the jeep?
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/5303491040.html

Depending on your budget I would steer clear of that thing. It looks like it's in really bad shape (especially the interior).

Having the 6 cylinder engine DOES increase the value of the Jeep, but in this case since it was originally a 4 cylinder and the work quality of that 6 cylinder upgrade may be questionable at best, I think it doesn't increase the value much.

What is your budget for a Wrangler?

My budget is $5000 and i talked to him and he said he would sell it for $4000. The interior is not a problem because i am looking for a project, i want to fix up the jeep. I am just worried that when i buy the jeep i will have problems with the engine. i went to go look at the jeep and the interior is not as bad as it looks. its just very dirty but no rust.

Depending on your budget I would steer clear of that thing. It looks like it's in really bad shape (especially the interior).

Having the 6 cylinder engine DOES increase the value of the Jeep, but in this case since it was originally a 4 cylinder and the work quality of that 6 cylinder upgrade may be questionable at best, I think it doesn't increase the value much.

What is your budget for a Wrangler?

and i did take it for a test drive and it felt all good to me.

My budget is $5000 and i talked to him and he said he would sell it for $4000. The interior is not a problem because i am looking for a project, i want to fix up the jeep. I am just worried that when i buy the jeep i will have problems with the engine. i went to go look at the jeep and the interior is not as bad as it looks. its just very dirty but no rust.

Well, for $4000 then if you're not concerned about the interior then I would say yes, it's a good buy. That's a really cheap price for a Wrangler, and as long as it doesn't have any serious oil leaks or other weird noises, I would say go for it.

As long as you looking for a project, then I think you found a good one!