1998 TJ LS Swap Wiring Demo Questions - Jeep PCM

Aaron Paul

Getting ready to tackle the wiring on my 98 TJ. I am running a 5.3 with the Howell harness and CPU, all autometer gauges and senders. No jeep gauges.

I will be demoing the C1, C2, and C3, PCM connectors and do not want to remove something I shouldn't have. Any info appreciated.

PCM C# pinout:
Injector 1 driver (ELIMINATE)
injector 3 driver (ELIMINATE)
Injector 5 driver (ELIMINATE)
Generator field driver (ELIMINATE, Howell harness will have alternator wiring)
TCC solenoid control (ELIMINATE, Howell harness will have trans 4L60 wiring)
Injector 6 driver (ELIMINATE)
Injector 2 driver (ELIMINATE)
Injector 4 driver (ELIMINATE)
Oil pressure sensor signal (Eliminate, Howell harness will provide CEL using chevy sensor, New wire from autometer sender in oil pan to new gauge)
VSS signal (Eliminate Howell will use VSS in Novak adapter for chevy CPU. Autometer gauge will run from SYE VSS wiring)
5 volt supply —-Not sure if I need this??

I will right up the other 2 PCM modules tomorrow. Hopefully this will help some other as well!

Please post any input, thanks, Aaron!!

Reactions: Sam lester
Have you watched this guys series? It’s great for what you’re doing. He’s using a cj but preparing a stand alone harness and really detailed. I don’t think he kept anything from the old vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SgtMik and Daryl
Can't type much, still driving home from Moab.

But we followed the information from here when we did ours. GM wiring is much easier then the Jeep/Dodge wiring of the same era.

http://lt1swap.com
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have you watched this guys series? It’s great for what you’re doing. He’s using a cj but preparing a stand alone harness and really detailed. I don’t think he kept anything from the old vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have watched some. I can read the diagrams, just want to make sure I don't miss something! Thank you for the link!

Can't type much, still driving home from Moab.

But we followed the information from here when we did ours. GM wiring is much easier then the Jeep/Dodge wiring of the same era.

http://lt1swap.com

Would love to get out there one year! Being in PA makes it a real trip:(
I actually bought a LS harness complete from Howell with a programmed CPU. I am looking for info on the delete of my existing Jeep harness.

I will add the other 2 PCM modules here. C3 looks like a total delete so far.

I am posting my build on Instagram under 98wranglertj

Appreciate the help! Safe travels!

Ah, can't help. I took everything bit the body side out. Ran new fuel pump wires to rear.