1998 TJ temperature control knob

hoss2123b

I have a 1998 Jeep TJ that I just bought for my son with 77k original miles. Everything is great except this temperature control knob is missing. To slide it with your fingers hurts like hell. I can't find the knob anywhere on the internet, I can buy the whole unit on ebay but I'm not spending $100+ for a little knob. Anyone know where to find one? If not, is it possible to retro fit the 1999 rotary style control unit into the 1998?

I have a 1998 Jeep TJ that I just bought for my son with 77k original miles. Everything is great except this temperature control knob is missing. To slide it with your fingers hurts like hell. I can't find the knob anywhere on the internet, I can buy the whole unit on ebay but I'm not spending $100+ for a little knob. Anyone know where to find one? If not, is it possible to retro fit the 1999 rotary style control unit into the 1998?

Try http://www.daveysjeeps.com/. The knob may not be listed on the site, try contacting them with what you need.

And for reference, while possible, you would have to change out everything behind the dash to go to rotary knobs. Like the entire hvac box. Super not worth it.