1998 wrangler custom m90 supercharger kit

Andrew

I have a 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Rebuilt 4.0 motor with 20k on it with 5 speed trans

I've been wanting to get a little more power so i can turn my 35s better I decided to do a custom supercharger budget build

I pulled a junkyard m90 off a 2002 gtp
The supercharger has been:
Pulled apart to install fresh bearing and inspect new fluids
Ported to flow better
And media blasted to look like new again

I have CNC plasma cut a custom plate from 1/4 steel matched to the supercharger to Bolt the blower to and made an adapter to bolt to the Intake in place of the throttle body and adapted the throttle body to fit on the rear of the blower with a 1/4 inch spacer. I had to make an idler pulley bracket and install a longer belt to get it all turning, and relocate some vacuum lines and the throttle cable/bracket.

I have started the motor today to do a quick test and am getting a slight misfire at idle but overall it is making about 6-7lbs of boost. I'm not sure of my air to fuel right now(I plan on installing a gauge tonight or tomorrow)

Now that I have the mechanical part mostly figured out I need some help in tuning it and getting my fuel to air correct so I can drive it
What sensors to change?
What size injectors?
Do I need a piggyback computer to deal with it?
What are common mods to support a supercharger on TJs?

If you're running 6-8 psi you don't need any mods at all. All you need is a Split Second controller with the 7th injector and that will take care of the air and fueling.

I'm close with Mark of http://boostedtech.com. He and Rick are the pioneers of the M90 supercharger on Jeeps. They sell their complete kit for $2500.

Mark (the owner) is also a member of this forum so maybe he will chime in.

Really though, it's fine on the stock internals and injectors as long as you're under 8 psi.

Here ya go:
https://splitsec.com/product-category/plug-and-play/

Give them a buzz! They are super nice guys, and this is the ONLY plug-and-play (not kidding, it literally plugs right in, no wiring is necessary at all) and I found that the base tune they provide (for sea level) is more than adequate.

There's no other piggy back system out there for these 4.0 engines, so thank god these guys designed this! It really is awesome.

It also comes with a CD with the program that you would use if you were having a custom dyno tune done, so that you can literally adjust all the parameters you want.

Reactions: mouth
If you're running 6-8 psi you don't need any mods at all. All you need is a Split Second controller with the 7th injector and that will take care of the air and fueling.

I'm close with Mark of http://boostedtech.com. He and Rick are the pioneers of the M90 supercharger on Jeeps. They sell their complete kit for $2500.

Mark (the owner) is also a member of this forum so maybe he will chime in.

Really though, it's fine on the stock internals and injectors as long as you're under 8 psi.
Do I reaaaaaally need the split second controller with the 7th injector? a guy is selling me a kit really cheap without a seventh injector.. is a tunning really needed? or just desired?

Do I reaaaaaally need the split second controller with the 7th injector? a guy is selling me a kit really cheap without a seventh injector.. is a tunning really needed? or just desired?
It’s necessary if you ask me.

I wouldn’t waste money on a M90 supercharger kit. It’s simply not worth it IMHO.