1999 Chili Pepper Highschool Build

Chilipepper'T

So to start off I got my jeep in January after saving up for about three months working at my local gym. My dad has basically only owned wranglers all his life so we knew exactly what we were looking for. This is what it looked like when we first got it and this is what I plan on having it look like.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The first thing I did was strip out all the interior, the seats were ripped, it smelt like smoke, and there was dirt everywhere, at the same time I also had to replace the valve cover gasket and clean out the whole engine bay from a radiator explosion. I used rustoleom truck bed liner for the floors and found some Sahara take off seats on Craigslist for cheap. After all that I threw my dads jk stock rims and tires on and ran those for about two weeks.

Over the two weeks I then added a 2.5 inch lift and picked up some used 33inch bf goodrich a/t. The coils are rough country and shocks are rancho. I also added a half inch transfer case drop until I eventually get an sye later this year. At the same time I also installed front tube fenders with a three inch flare and got some ugly jk rims (not my best decision).

Reactions: Chris
I really like what you've done with it! Very clean, and I am a huge fan of the factory Rubicon wheels. That's why I kept the Rubicon wheels on my TJ as well.

Reactions: Chilipepper'T
So some time went by and I didn't do too much to the jeep until I saw my frame had started to rust. I got the frame repaired on the drivers side so now there are no issues (everywhere else on the frame is perfect). A month went by after the frame and after having a close encounter with a cliff and having to have my dad pull me out I bought new 33-12.50-15 duratracs on mammoth rims. I like this look a ton better. I also fixed some body rust my self and installed rear tube fenders to match the front.

At this point I am up to date to where I am at currently. I have rock sliders coming in the mail this week from tuff stuff. In the next few months I plan on a rear swing away tire carrier, new front bumper with winch, sye, dana 44 rear, 4.56 gearing, front and rear lockers, new top, gas tank skid and a lot more. I also have an Instagram account for the build and "brand" I'm trying to create so if you could go follow @chilipepperoffroad on Instagram that would be a huge help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really like what you've done with it! Very clean, and I am a huge fan of the factory Rubicon wheels. That's why I kept the Rubicon wheels on my TJ as well.
Thank you! I had jk rims on it and didn't have enough back spacing so had to change out the rims but I did like the look a lot.

Reactions: Chris
Coming in later this week will be a slightly upgraded gas tank skid plate and my rock sliders. For the skid I got the oem one for the 03-06 wranglers because it's a little more beefy and covers the whole skid unlike mine. The jeep will also be in a car show this Sunday at Harrybrooke Park in New Milford, Ct. It's called "The Big Jeep Thing" and should be a good time.