1999 Jeep TJ A/C compressor

David Dressander

Hello to all,
I have a 1999 TJ with a 4.0 liter and my A/C pulley bearings have went sour. I went to Auto Zone and got another A/C compressor and it doesn't look or hook up like my OEM compressor. We're there 2 different compressors available that year? I confirmed with Auto Zone on the part number and they say it's correct. I went to other part stores and they say it correct...can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks

There is only one part number for the AC compressor on a 1999 Jeep Wrangler with the 4.0 engine. That part number is RL037432AB.

For 1998 models, the compressor was part number 55037205AH. In 2000, the part number for the compressor switched to 55116144AE.

So you can see that the compressor part number changed a number of times over the years.

Is that the part number Autozone is cross referencing their part number with?

If so, the only other possibilities I could think of is that you have a newer model engine in there (which did indeed use a different part number for the AC compressor) or you're simply not installing it correctly.

Reactions: David Dressander
It's a early 99 model. Built 09/98 but sold as a 99 model. It still has the original engine (4.0). I have learned since the earlier post that where we're 2 different A/C compressors for the 99 TJ. I've done a photo comparison on both and there is a siginifent difference on both of them. I have to Special order this compressor, but at least I know now what the issue is. Thanks for the help...

Hello to all,
I have a 1999 TJ with a 4.0 liter and my A/C pulley bearings have went sour. I went to Auto Zone and got another A/C compressor and it doesn't look or hook up like my OEM compressor. We're there 2 different compressors available that year? I confirmed with Auto Zone on the part number and they say it's correct. I went to other part stores and they say it correct...can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks

Dave, read your post. I have a 1999 Jeep wrangler TJ with 4.0. Ordered ac compressor does not fit. What part number did you use & who did you purchase it from?
Original compressor part number stamped on it 10PA17c

Jay

Dave, read your post. I have a 1999 Jeep wrangler TJ with 4.0. Ordered ac compressor does not fit. What part number did you use & who did you purchase it from?
Original compressor part number stamped on it 10PA17c

Jay
I forgot the part number, but the correct A/C compressor at Auto Zone is for a 2000-2002 wrangler with a 2.5 liter engine.