1999 TJ 2.5 4 cylinder exhaust

Getting a new exhaust for my TJ, recommendations on a good nice sounding exhaust for the 4 cylinder that isn't too expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your best bet is probably a local, independent exhaust shop. One with a Deuce Coupe and GTO parked out front, (just kidding). Roll in and tell them exactly what you are looking for and let them do their thing. Aftermarket, online, exhaust systems are designed for shipping ease, not removing exhaust gases from a TJ engine. An independent shop will usually set you up with a high quality, nice sounding system for about what an aftermarket system will run you with shipping, and they do the install. Most of the time, they will even swap out mufflers until it sounds right to you.

One with a Deuce Coupe and GTO parked out front
That would get me in the door :D

It will be hard to find any exhaust for a 4 banger that doesn't sound like a lowered Civic with a giant wing, neon lights, and Asian characters on the back window :D

Reactions: StG58
One with a Deuce Coupe and GTO parked out front
That would get me in the door :D

It will be hard to find any exhaust for a 4 banger that doesn't sound like a lowered Civic with a giant wing, neon lights, and Asian characters on the back window :D
The four bangers aren't known for their aggressive exhaust note. They don't sound bad, but you're never going to intimidate a truck driver with one. You can do very well though, by just going for function.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morgan McClane