1st TJ and new to Forum

RedrumRH

WNC Asheville Area
Supporting Member
Hello fellow enthusiasts! I recently purchase a 2000 TJ and am so pumped about the vibe and ride. I had a CJ years ago that I could never afford to fully restore, a Cherokee for a while I loved, and lucked up on this creampuff TJ recently. Not sure that TJ and creampuff can be used in the same sentence, but this vehicle is tight.

I sold a vacation 2nd home for a client and this TJ was in the garage while we were marketing the property. Once the home sold he had to take it back to Florida or sell it. Luckily he was not in the mood to make the trip to retrieve the TJ so I bought it. The jeep lived in FL for the first two years, then for 16 years the TJ was my client's 2-4 week a year vehicle for the NC mountain house. Stone white, tan interior and soft top, 6 cyl, 5 spd, factory air, clean title no body work, drives straight on the interstate at 80mph no issues. Had to replace the tires immediately because of the 16 years of flat spots, every year for 16 years, it sat in the garage with the battery disconnected for months at a time. To get it running without stalling, I replaced the air filter, seafoam and heet additive and a fresh tank of gas and done! Runs strong no problems, AC blows cold! not that I need AC, but it was nice to know everything worked. Well I did have to replace the hazard relay and blinker stalk with new, but I get ahead of myself....... Former owner had just done new brakes all the way around about 10 months/200 miles ago and it was serviced every couple years or 500 miles, whichever came first! LOL! Ridiculously low miles, 57k, and I know the entire vehicle history from my client/friend.

Recent upgrades - new sailcloth top, seat covers, ditch rear seat, LED upgrade, hooks, recovery type gear, 12 gauge shotty, etc.......and the simple diy mods have begun. Pics to accompany the mods I will post about in the coming days. I really appreciate the suggestions and expertise of this forum! Cheers!!
IMG_1345.jpg

Wow, that's a clean looking TJ, congrats on the purchase!

You're in the perfect place for TJs, I'll tell you that!

Another great mint TJ discovery story, congratulations! Really pristine looking Sport. I love the white & tan. What size & brand tires did you go with?

Another great mint TJ discovery story, congratulations! Really pristine looking Sport. I love the white & tan. What size & brand tires did you go with?

Went with 31x10.5x15 yoko geolanders. I am keeping it pretty factory, not lifting etc, resisting the siren call of 35's!

Reactions: Starrs
Keep it clean! These things are getting harder to come by in that sort of condition!

Good to have you here! Can’t wait to spend your money.

Reactions: ac_
Nice score, welcome to the forum. I would do a full fluid change too, if not done recently. If you live in a salted road area a good coating of Fluid Film is in order.

Sweet TJ there. I love white TJ's...classy looking with the tan top too.
I need to work harder or something...would love to have my current blue, a red rubi and a nice white stocker...
Welcome...

WOW! Looks really clean and great shape! Like the white and tan top! That first scratch or dent is going to be a heart breaker! Like everyone said -Welcome to the forum! I’m a newbie also, but these guys have a ton helpful knowledge for us all! Well except that one guy ! Enjoy the new ride and watch out for that TREE!

Wow that looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Welcome to the forum.