2.4 Timing Cover

Wally2.0

Supporting Member
Hello, I was replacing the oil pump on my 2006 2.4 and lost the upper timing cover. Does anyone know of any covers from another Chrysler product that can 100% work? Does anyone have one they are willing to sell? Is there an aftermarket option?

I've tried ordering from 3 OE parts website but all email back after 3 or 4 days saying they thought they had one but don't. I've even tried alliexpress a supplier in Bangladesh😩

Screenshot_20200605-100753_.jpg

Those and earlier PT Cruisers had the same 2.4. I just pulled the cruise control unit out of an 01 PT Cruiser from a junkyard for my 06 TJ with the 2.4. Works pretty well! I'd measure the distance between the mounting holes, head to a junkyard and see if you can find one that matches. I think the powertech 2.4 was fairly unchanged between the models it was put in aside from the intake layout.

How do you lose something like a timing cover? Just curious.

I have an auto repair shop, set everything I took off in a corner, the helper/car wash guy did a shop clean up and I'm guessing he more than likely through it out as garbage (small enough to fit in the bin).....I couldn't find my cooling fan for like a week, found it among larger trash about to go out.