2.5” lift kit recommendations

Garbage lift.

The springs will work, but the shocks are throw away crap.

If you want a 2.5” lift on a budget get these Rancho RS5000X shocks and BDS or OME 2" springs.

That’s a good setup for not a lot of money.

Reactions: Goatman
Not only is that lift crap, but it's missing several required parts.

If you want a nice lift on a budget that uses only quality parts check out my build thread.

Not my jeep, but on my buddies jeep we did JK rubicon springs and shocks with a puck up front to level it all out. Rides extremely nice and best thing was the price, $50 for the take-offs. Found them on craigslist but call some local off road shop or lift kit install shops in your local area and they might have the parts just laying around in their scrap pile.

Hey ya'll I want to lift my 1998 tj 2.5 I found this for a reasonable price because i'm on a budget https://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-country-25-suspension-tj-655.html. I was wondering if any of ya'll have any recommendations or any advice. Also will it work with 31" tires? Thank you!!
This is a good lift for the money. I've had this lift for 7-8 years, it's served me well. The shocks are adequate, again, for the price you're paying. Don't expect high-dollar performance from a budget-minded lift kit. Yes, this lift will work with 31" tires. I would suggest you add a rear track bar relocation bracket. Save your money for a decent front adjustable track bar like Teraflex, Metalcloak or Currie. Don't waste your time with a Rough Country track bar. Good luck!

This is a good lift for the money. I've had this lift for 7-8 years, it's served me well. The shocks are adequate, again, for the price you're paying. Don't expect high-dollar performance from a budget-minded lift kit. Yes, this lift will work with 31" tires. I would suggest you add a rear track bar relocation bracket. Save your money for a decent front adjustable track bar like Teraflex, Metalcloak or Currie. Don't waste your time with a Rough Country track bar. Good luck!
Is that the lift you have on the jeep as your icon picture?

Not my jeep, but on my buddies jeep we did JK rubicon springs and shocks with a puck up front to level it all out. Rides extremely nice and best thing was the price, $50 for the take-offs. Found them on craigslist but call some local off road shop or lift kit install shops in your local area and they might have the parts just laying around in their scrap pile.
thank you I was gonna check out this jeep junk yard place to see if i can find anything there.

Reactions: Jake kozlowski
Is that the lift you have on the jeep as your icon picture?
Yes - sort of. I still had the complete Rough Country lift installed in that pic. I'm also running a 1.25" body lift and high clearance fenders in the front. Plus, the obstacle I was on in that pic has the suspension somewhat manipulated. I'm happy to provide you any other pics you're interested in, just let me know.
Just my 2cents - no matter where you go for opinions, you're going to find folks who have discouraging things to say about Rough Country. It's been my experience that most of those folks haven't actually bought and used their products. Not all budget-minded products belong in the trash heap - some do, but not all. Just do your homework and keep an open mind.

Have to agree with everyone here. We did the Rough Country 3 1/4" lift on my sons TJ (now mine) and it rides very rough (possibly why they are called "Rough Country"?). My plan is to leave the springs but change out the shocks for the Rancho shocks and hope that helps the ride a bit.

Garbage lift.

If you want a 2.5” lift on a budget get these Rancho RS5000X shocks and BDS or OME 2" springs.

Your new here. I just wanted to point out this person's post count and the fact that they own this site. @Chris has certainly read more opinions than anyone else. And has personal experience with his own Jeeps' many iterations. I to have read a majority of the hundreds of posts on 2-2.5" lift kits around here. And by far the OME gets the highest marks. And the highest number of positive recommendations.

OME isn't crazily priced either. But there is an old saying "buy once, cry once". Don't mess around with a cheap lift just to save a couple hundred bucks. You'll regret it. Especially when the OME is so accessible price wise.

If nothing else. Stick with the Rancho shocks above.

Reactions: Chris
Your new here. I just wanted to point out this person's post count and the fact that they own this site. @Chris has certainly read more opinions than anyone else. And has personal experience with his own Jeeps' many iterations. I to have read a majority of the hundreds of posts on 2-2.5" lift kits around here. And by far the OME gets the highest marks. And the highest number of positive recommendations.

OME isn't crazily priced either. But there is an old saying "buy once, cry once". Don't mess around with a cheap lift just to save a couple hundred bucks. You'll regret it. Especially when the OME is so accessible price wise.

If nothing else. Stick with the Rancho shocks above.

There's plenty of folks on here who know way more than I do to say the least.

However, I think most of them would all agree that a great budget lift is indeed OME springs and Rancho R5000X shocks. It will look good, ride good, and you'll be using good quality parts as oppose to Rough Country, Skyjacker, or the likes.

It's also a lift that you won't kick yourself over having bought down the road.

Reactions: Sancho
Garbage lift.

I put those shocks on my 2004.....so I assume from what your saying I can remove the pucks under my springs and get 2" springs?

I have the Rancho 2.5" lift with Rancho 5000x running 32s (kit is meant for up to 33s)
Was affordable and has been great!
IMG_20200601_204012_2.jpg

I’ll also vouch for OME springs. I bought my kit years ago from Dirk at DPG and it has been great. I still run the original OME springs And shocks that came with it and it rides better than stock.