2.5 OME lift: Can I do away with TC drop if I add a 1 MML?

Im buying the OME 2.5" lift, and a 1 inch transmission drop is required for it, if i add a 1" MML could i do without the transmission drop?

You may be able to do without the 1" transfer case drop if you installed a 1" MML. However, you also might not. It's really a crap shoot. Some get lucky, others don't. There is no 100% for sure answer on this.

Remember, if you add a 1" MML, you'll ideally want to add a 1" body lift as well. If not, then you'll need to re-locate your fan shroud, as your fan will sit 1" higher, and contact the fan shroud.

Reactions: skrelnik
It is like Chris said, you really never know until you try on your Jeep.

I have OMEHD lift and 1"MML. I actually had a ever so slight vibration on takeoff with my soft top, but now that I switched to my hard top for the winter the vibs are 100% gone. That tells me it's right on the edge when 1/2" of rear ride height matters.

If I get vibrations again next summer, I will probably switch to light rear springs. If that doesn't work then add one small washer to TC and try again. No way I will go back to full TC drop spacers. They should be temp fix at best.

And does it really matter if a i go with a cheap BL or should i go with the better ones? Would RC be any good?

And what type of MML would you recommend? (i have a manual 6 speed)

Last edited:
And does it really matter if a i go with a cheap BL or should i go with the better ones? Would RC be any good?

And what type of MML would you recommend? (i have a manual 6 speed)
Some complain that poly body lifts get squashed and don’t give level lift, squeaking and eventually failing. The Savvy 1.25” aluminum avoids these pitfalls as does the Currie 1”. They’re really not expensive at $169.

If you’re OE motor mounts are in good shape and you’re not going to be hammering your Jeep off-road, then you can go with 1” spacers for $79, or, if you want a beefier setup, look at Brown Dog MML and M.O.R.E. Bombproof. They’re both good. Get the rubber bushings since they cut out more vibes.

Reactions: lindsey97
You could try to adjust the stock one, but ideally, yes, you’d want the Savvy TCase Shifter.

Also, you don’t have to do the body lift with the motor mount lift. You can trim and move the shroud up 1”

Yes but i also want to fit 33" tires, and as far as i understand you would ideally need 3.5" of lift so they can fully articulate, so 2.5 suspension and 1 BL.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
After research im probably going with currie MML and savvy 1.25 BL, and i would need a leaver extension for shifting right?
You will more than likely not need a leaver extension. Ome should work perfectly with mml. The bl will help clear 33s. Check out @tomtaylz old build (white jeep). He had the ome ultimate kit and 33s.

2.5 OME (LJ/ZJ) spring kit, Brown Dog 1" mml, 1" Daystar body lift w/poly bushings. No lever drop and shifts fine. I didn't have to change anything with the lever probably because the lifting of the motor front and body at the same time. This also alleviates the need to mess with the radiator.

20181111_134540.jpg