2" coil spacers on 29" tires

Of course, if you add a 1" MML when yolu do a 1" BL, then there is no need to move or modify the fan shroud. Also, there is no need to get an extended gas tank filler tube, just to extend it by loosening the factor fill tube at the tank and pulling it a bit so it reaches. Mine factory fill tube works fine with 1.25" BL.
I think I was just looking for simplicity! My TJ is parked on the street with 90 degree parking opposite me and a café strip at the top of my road, My street is a Rat Run short cut and I take my life into my own hands doing a simple oil change.

I was saying that the 5 and 6 speeds are the same installation. The BL's I buy have fan shroud relocation brackets and you don't need to do anything with the filler hose.
I was thinking the spacer lift was the easiest to delete if I wanted? in and out the shop in a few hours, If I buy 31,s straight away I have wasted a grand on new tires, I wont consider 33,s unless I decide on a re gear and thats when I would do a full spring lift and upgrade.
Remember 99% Mall Crawling for me, lol

Reactions: Blondie70
I was thinking the spacer lift was the easiest to delete if I wanted? in and out the shop in a few hours, If I buy 31,s straight away I have wasted a grand on new tires, I wont consider 33,s unless I decide on a re gear and thats when I would do a full spring lift and upgrade.
A 1.25" BL is much easier to install and remove. Buy me a plane ticket and some PBR and I'll come do it for you. One way ticket is fine. ;)
p.s. Here's my old 05' stock and with a 2.25" BB (spacers) and 33" tires. You'll be there soon enough after you start to lift it.
willysstock.jpg

Willys BB with 33s.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Weasellee and JMT
I had 29" tires on a 2" lift for a couple weeks before I could get 31s put on it. It looked very unproportionable and even my Mom asked why the tires looked so small...

My ride quality drastically improved with new springs/shocks but the OEM set had 180k on them

The first time I did a lift I did a 1.75" budget boost with longer shocks. It took me and my sons 6 solid hours. We looked like hell at the end of the day. 🤣 This might be a distant pic from back in the day. It's hard to say. I may have 2.5" springs in that photo.

Body lift took a couple of hours to do everything including the other things you have to do to get it all just right (all mentioned above).

B4EBFC2E-60EC-48DF-BC44-5AED22EBA51E.jpeg

I had 29" tires on a 2" lift for a couple weeks before I could get 31s put on it. It looked very unproportionable and even my Mom asked why the tires looked so small...
Good thing you didn't ride with me after I installed a 4.25" lift with 1" spacers up front. I drove it 30 miles to get my tires installed and got some strange looks on the way.:oops: I got lots of (y) on the way home.

zone lift 1 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

tan jeep lifted (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

5.am Work calls lol
Ok 6pm Tuesday 13 hour later!
Anyway you would never guess that western Australia is the biggest nanny state in the entire world!
2" max lift allowed on any vehicle and Max 33" tires! now I could ignore this as many do but anything over voids my vehicle insurance and makes it unroadworthy in the eyes of the law :(
So given the Rebel in me sort of decided to stay behind somewhere about 5 years ago, 2" and 31,s.
1" spring spacers 1" body lift?
2" Spring spacer lift?
2" spring lift? (waste of money)
No lift on some new 30,s and spend the money on wheels with a bigger backspace so I can put wider than the 9.5 inch on now?

Last edited:
I did a engine mount lift so I didn’t have issues with the fan shroud. It isn’t that difficult of a modification.
And my factory fill tube was just long enough. It’s been on for 3 years now, not a issue for me but definitely was cutting it close .
Don’t forget about adjusting the transfer case shifter. Up here in the NE that can take a shit ton of lube and proper persuasion 😁

Anyway you would never guess that western Australia is the biggest nanny state in the entire world!
2" max lift allowed on any vehicle and Max 33" tires! now I could ignore this as many do but anything over voids my vehicle insurance and makes it unroadworthy in the eyes of the law :(
So given the Rebel in me sort of decided to stay behind somewhere about 5 years ago, 2" and 31,s.
2" Spring spacer lift?
No lift on some new 30,s and spend the money on wheels with a bigger backspace so I can put wider than the 9.5 inch on now?
BL and little tires. :unsure:
tan jeep lifted bl (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Reactions: Fishtaco
2" Spring spacer lift?
In your case then,

1.25” BL
1” SL
Full TT
32’s
Proper bumpstop

Reactions: Fishtaco
Mine sat lower in the front than the rear. That is why I only lifted the front to level it.
Mine is higher at the front but its always got a full tank when I look at the arse (Ass) end the distance between top of tires and top of inside arch is the same.

So what is the minimum body lift I could get away with to put 31,s on and DD?
Its like this: I like the look of bigger tires but I don't need or really want my TJ any higher than it is (each to their own)
Wider Tires are more important to me at this stage, I am currently sitting on 29" high by 9.3" wide on factory alloy ecco,s and would like to go at least 10" wide better 10.5" without them sticking out of my 4 1/4 flares plus also not rub when I full lock. What spacing wheels do I need to buy given " wheel spacers" are not tolerated by tire fitters and brake repairer "chains" where I live :(
31,s will give me an extra 1" diff clearance on what I have, a lift will give me zilch, I will only lift to get higher tires to work.

Cheers

Last edited: