2 inch lift advice

Jacobjburt

I’m planning on installing 2 inch lift on my 2003 rme Tj. I have 31inch k02s right now with no lift and stock suspension. I commute daily and I like to explore the forestry roads and camp on weekends. I just don’t like the way it looks and rides and want something a bit smother. I was i was thinking the old man emu kit but I’ve since discovered it is a very harsh ride. It seem like rancho shocks are highly praised in the community. As far as I can tell there is no complete kit for rancho shocks at least where I live in Canada so I was thinking maybe combine ome springs with rancho shocks? Any advice? what else would I need?

If I were only doing 2" I would go with spacers and a good shock. Easy peasy!!

If I were only doing 2" I would go with spacers and a good shock. Easy peasy!!
I agree low cost and you can see if you want to go taller in the future.
I have the 2.5” OME and run 32” KOs and I have no complaints about the ride quality. My rig is 90% for off road and not a DD.

Thanks for the input but 3” is more than I want to do+ I just got the 31 inch tires and I don’t want to go any larger because of the highway driving I do.
Thn go with the 2" spaces as suggested above, or just leave it alone..with 2" and 31s you're not improving much nor changing much of the look, I think it will look worst thn how it looks now with no lift and 31s. My 2 cents

... i was thinking the old man emu kit but I’ve since discovered it is a very harsh ride ...
The OME springs themselves will NOT give a harsh ride. That would be the job of too-stiff shocks. Don't buy a kit, choose your own components to get the ride you want.

I recently installed a 2" lift on my '05 Unlimited. OME springs (light 2932 front springs, heavy 2942 rear springs for my heavier LJ, and added a StreetRays spacer to the front to level it). And Skyjacker Black MAX shocks (choose lengths to match your lift, mine were B8516 front and B8518 rear). You'll have to cycle the suspension to figure out what bump stop stuff to use.

It has a very comfortable ride, not harsh at all.

Thanks I will look into it!
I had 2" spacers and 32s when I 1st bought it. It drove like stock and cleared the tires fine on trails. If your springs are sprung and you need new ones the Procomp springs are a good replacement on a budget and have 2" and 4" springs.
Good luck!!