Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
SNOW!
IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

...and SPRINGS!
IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6779.JPG

Not sure which i'm happier to see, but glad either way. Good day!

Nice surprises! What inspired you to go with the H&R Springs? I know @StG58 has them and really likes them, so it's a good choice by far.

I've had H&R springs on all my German cars I've owned in the past. They make very, very good springs.

Reactions: EJD and StG58
Nice surprises! What inspired you to go with the H&R Springs? I know @StG58 has them and really likes them, so it's a good choice by far.

I've had H&R springs on all my German cars I've owned in the past. They make very, very good springs.
Well I have 2 stock springs that are tired and are sitting lower then the other 2 so I wanted to replace all springs and Jounce Cups and Bumps all around. I also wanted to kinda keep the stock-ish height as much as possible cause I have another cross country journey to complete and love road trips. So I didn't wanna go big or get into replacing many components right now.

I like the idea of the little 1" lift and thought it would be a great pairing with my 31's...just give me a little more breathing room in there and a touch more clearance. Plus i've heard nothing but good things about these H&R's from a few guys here!

I like mine as well. Had them a little over a year now. Which shocks are you going to use? I am using Bilstein 5100s and love them.
I actually have the Rancho RS5000X's, they apparently have extremely close specs compared side by side with the Bilstein 5100's. They will fit the same 0-2" gap just the same, I talked to a few folks that confirmed that.

Well I have 2 stock springs that are tired and are sitting lower then the other 2 so I wanted to replace all springs and Jounce Cups and Bumps all around. I also wanted to kinda keep the stock-ish height as much as possible cause I have another cross country journey to complete and love road trips. So I didn't wanna go big or get into replacing many components right now.

I like the idea of the little 1" lift and thought it would be a great pairing with my 31's...just give me a little more breathing room in there and a touch more clearance. Plus i've heard nothing but good things about these H&R's from a few guys here!

I actually have the Rancho RS5000X's, they apparently have extremely close specs compared side by side with the Bilstein 5100's. They will fit the same 0-2" gap just the same, I talked to a few folks that confirmed that.
I don't know what @SaharaJim got for lift out of his, but I got about an inch and a half. Lift numbers are always approximate anyway. The H&R's work great for 31x10.50's. Didn't have to add any additional bump stop to my TJ to make them fit just fine.

Reactions: EJD
I don't know what @SaharaJim got for lift out of his, but I got about an inch and a half. Lift numbers are always approximate anyway. The H&R's work great for 31x10.50's. Didn't have to add any additional bump stop to my TJ to make them fit just fine.
Thats what i'm talkin' about! Hoping for a 1.5 situation but an inch would be great. Now all i'm waiting for are my new Jounce Bumpers, Cups, and a nice day to tackle the project. I'll be sure to take measurements before and after to see what I end up with.

@EJD Please keep us posted. This may be a perfect setup for my TJ. Please post part numbers etc as reference as I will want to follow along at home. :)
I have the H&R Springs 52107
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7M0NRO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

and the Rancho RS5000X's
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QWX6KQM/?tag=wranglerorg-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QWX6IWI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

or you could also go with the Bilstein 5100's
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BPDDPKM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I have this exact same set-up. Anyone considering it will not be disappointed, the ride quality is outstanding. Ended up getting far more lift than expected, nearly 1.5".

20170917_175946.jpg

Edited to add pic..

Reactions: JMT and EJD
I have this exact same set-up. Anyone considering it will not be disappointed, the ride quality is outstanding. Ended up getting far more lift than expected, nearly 1.5".

View attachment 25303
Edited to add pic..
Glad to hear this combo works well together, I wasn't sure if anyone else was running this setup. It looks good! I'm hoping to have mine done this week or next, I just have to wait for either the weather to break or a garage to free up in the family. I'de like to see a side shot of yours!

Man when I first saw that Florida license plate it freaked the hell out of me LOL
Lol, oh I moved recently and haven't changed my plate yet. Took ya back to 1977 for a sec? (If your a FL native).

Reactions: DickD1911