2 surprises outside my door today...

I'm checking into wheel spacers for sure, is the idea to keep it as minimal as possible as to not put any more strain than necessary on the studs or joints? or is it safe to say anything up to an inch will be fine? I'm not too knowledgable on wheel spacing yet.

Yeah the difference is very noticeable especially from how tired my stock springs were.

I was checking to make sure you had canyon wheels too so your TJ is in the same exact shoes i'm in literally. I'll let you know if I come up with a good solution for spacers!
I know nothing on wheel spacers, but I do know that there are lots of not so good brands to buy. I had looked at them when I first bought my Jeep but was scared off after reading some posts on the other Jeep forum. A friend of mine had a JK with some Synergy 1" spacers. He seemed to like them and I never heard him say anything about vibration or having issues with them.

Reactions: StG58
I know nothing on wheel spacers, but I do know that there are lots of not so good brands to buy. I had looked at them when I first bought my Jeep but was scared off after reading some posts on the other Jeep forum. A friend of mine had a JK with some Synergy 1" spacers. He seemed to like them and I never heard him say anything about vibration or having issues with them.
Wheel spacers and TJ's have a love - hate relationship it seems. They do solve a specific problem, LCA and sway bar end link mount clearance issues, but aren't really the "best" solution. Proper backspace is the technically correct solution. I haven't heard of anyone having issues with quality spacers though.

Another solution to the rubbing issue at low lift heights may be after market front LCA's. The stock one's are 1-7/8" wide across the bottom, and that's where the rub is. On the flange on the bottom. An LCA with a smaller dimension may give you just enough clearance so you don't rub. Jeep also put an LCA with a dog leg in it on one of the Cherokees or Grand Cherokees, I forgot which one, that gives more clearance at full lock. Those fit with just a little fiddling around on bushing width.

Let me throw this out there as well. You can get into lots of trouble with very low lift heights like the H&R springs provide. Here's the deal. If / when you start changing out the rest of your suspension components you have to be extra careful to fully cycle your suspension to make sure that everything still clears. For after market LCA's and UCA's it's not so much of a problem, but check any way to make sure. The issue really comes into play with after market track bars. Add in an after market differential cover and things start going south quickly. In a dangerous fashion. The problem is most after market track bars are designed to clear at lifts greater than, let's say, 3" of lift. If you are at 1 to 1-1/2" of lift like the H&R springs provide you'll bang the track bar on the differential cover at extreme articulation and break the drivers side mount. That can get pretty exciting if it decides to let loose on the highway. I'll double check my notes, but if I remember correctly the Currie and JKS track bars clear nicely, even disconnected at those lift levels. The stock track bar clears, but the axle is ever so slightly offset.

Isn't building a low lift TJ fun? Everything out there is geared toward 2-1/2" of lift or more, so we are kind of on our own here. The after market seems to think TJ life starts at 33x12.50's and 4" of lift.

Reactions: EJD and Squatch
Look into the H&R spacers. They have TJ specific, hub centric spacers for not a lot of cash.
Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 4.15.48 PM.png

Just for reference, man i'm now wondering what an inch a lift and an inch wider would be like.

Reactions: StG58
View attachment 25311

View attachment 25312
Ask and you shall recieve! I like the bit of red and blue poking out from the underside, I wasn't exactly sure how I would like it. I was actually spying a Rubicon Express kit, but decided on this and I am happy I did. Ride quality improved 100%, the springs are just stiff enough to remind you that you're driving a Jeep. And, the shocks pair nicely with them, they're not too soft or too hard, just right. Next, I'd like to try the 9000's, but I have no complaints about the 5000's. I'll be following your progress and will be looking forward to seeing some pictures.

What size tires are these?