2-Way Radios with Bluetooth?

Oman Jeep

Supporting Member
Hi all, I've tried a search both here and on the greater web and so far no luck, are there any 2-way radio systems, either hand held or hard mounted, that can integrate with the vehicle stereo either via Bluetooth or by a hard wire interruption between the radio and the speakers?

Essentially I'd like something that can automatically silence my music when someone is talking on the radio.

So far I've found radios that can either be frequency programmed via BT with an app on the phone, and I've found ones that support Head-Set Profile Bluetooth for an ear-piece, but not really any information on whether it can be connected to a car audio - which is normally Hands-Free Profile, where for example you might need to be able to enter a pin to pair.

Has anyone experimented or had any success with this?

Thanks in advance.

Can't say I've tried them, but these guys have a hard wired option:

https://audiointerrupt.com
They even have a kit specific to the later TJs.

That's a great solution. Thanks - wasn't aware of it. That'll definitely help.

Still would ideally like to find walkie talkies that can link up with the stereo via bluetooth like your phone does, as I've got a few vehicles and that would be something I'd only need to buy once. But if that doesn't exist I'll definitely give this a try. But would need one for each vehicle.

Just find it hard to imagine no walkie talkie manufacturer has sensed the idea that this could be a good feature?

Yeah, the only Bluetooth I’ve seen on two way radios has been for pairing headsets, but I haven’t been looking for what your looking for.