20 years ago!

Fishtaco

TJ Expert
What was you doing when you heard of the attacks?

I was glued to the TV in Australia channel surfing and truly believed this was it "The big one"! I didnt go to work the next day.

Reactions: Farmergreg and RINC
I was about 1000 yards away heading in that direction to stop and see one of the gangs we had in the south tower. Just south of the Holland tunnel and was listening to News Radio 88 and the morning chopper which was heading south over the Hudson, they reported the explosion and flames as it happened.

A good friends next door neibours son was told to stay where they were and wait before the second strike, he said Fuck you and left with a few people and got out! dont know the full story but I think each floor had designated monitors who were taking advise from security to keep everyone in place until rescue arrived?

Woke up that morning in Tallulah, LA. Walked inside the truck stop to get coffee and breakfast to go. Was a crowd around the fuel deck , staring at the tv's. The first plane had hit. The second plane hit after I was back on the road.

Reactions: Farmergreg
I just woke up from a nights sleep. I was 18 years old at the time.

In college, gf called and said someone flew a plane into the World Trade Center. I said that was dumb.

I was thinking small private plane.

Turned on the tv and saw the second one hit. Watched all day. Fill fuel tanks and loaded mags.

In the Air Force. Worked as a weapons loading instructor at the time. We were in the middle of a training exercise. We stopped everything and immediately started loading jets with live missiles and HEI rounds and launched them out for patrolling the east coast.

Driving to my first English class in college. Heard it on the radio and then watched it unfold in the cafeteria on the TV.

I was in a restaurant having breakfast before work. No one could believe what we were watching. The next day my brother in law and I installed the first TV in my shop so we could see what was going on while we reloaded ammunition.

I was in a restaurant having breakfast before work. No one could believe what we were watching. The next day my brother in law and I installed the first TV in my shop so we could see what was going on while we reloaded ammunition.
Once the pentagon was hit I was ready to head to the outback! We have a US base just North of us in Perth.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
I was working in a guard tower, radio on. I’ll never forget it. It was difficult to understand and being isolated until releaved…numb is the best I can do. I know we were put on alert and that wasn’t fun thinking about what could happen.

Was pulled out of middle school, watched most of the coverage at home, was surreal. Lots of government buildings near where I grew up, about 30 mins from the pentagon.

I was watching the news before school (7th grade) when they had an alert about the first tower. As I watched shocked before my mom was ready we saw the second plane hit live, even in the low quality picture of the early 2000s.

There was so much confusion throughout the broadcast and our house that I went to school any way like most my peers. The whole morning was pretty much watching the news with an early dismissal with the towers coming down. I really don’t remember the rest of the day beyond shock and trying to understand what and why that would happen (the pre-pubescent mind is pretty naive).

I was watching the news before school (7th grade) when they had an alert about the first tower. As I watched shocked before my mom was ready we saw the second plane hit live, even in the low quality picture of the early 2000s.

There was so much confusion throughout the broadcast and our house that I went to school any way like most my peers. The whole morning was pretty much watching the news with an early dismissal with the towers coming down. I really don’t remember the rest of the day beyond shock and trying to understand what and why that would happen (the pre-pubescent mind is pretty naive).
Strange in the 2000,s the picture quality was fantastic compared to the 60,70, & 80,s but now it looks bad?
our eyes must get used to what we see and forget about what we used to see?

Reactions: Rick Flair
Strange in the 2000,s the picture quality was fantastic compared to the 60,70, & 80,s but now it looks bad?
our eyes must get used to what we see and forget about what we used to see?
It’s amazing to watch sports without them having to circle the ball/puck/etc so prominently.

Reactions: Apparition
2 times I will never forget 9/11/01 and when the space shuttle challenger blew up. 9/11/01 listening to the monster of the mid day and heard the first plane hit, my ex wife called and said what is going on while on the phone the second plane hit I said crap it has to be terrorist. I actually flew to Vegas the following week and was only one of 10 one the flight. Still remember Bush’s speech everyone stopped what they were doing and watched in disbelief. Never forget.