20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

just started reading this thread,

what is it about exes and their petty crap,

i also bought my Jeep new. Even had a picture of it parked in front of Brandenburg Gate, Berlin.
Do i have any photos from those 8 years of my life. nope.

i’ll keep reading now.

Reactions: Wildman
Upper doors made it in today. Too dark for outdoor pic’s tonight so get some tomorrow.

IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3588.jpeg

My better half told me she ordered something off my Amazon list for my Birthday which is next week and I came home to this. Any guesses?

IMG_3593.jpeg

Reactions: JMT and Apparition
So the Mrs ordered me the Bestop Highrock Universal Rack and Rack bracket kit. Previously when I ran a half top I had taken a hitch rack and modded it to sit on top of the belt rails. But this while useful was quite heavy and overkill for what I carried so I wanted something lighter and not attached to the belt rails. This looks like it should fit the bill. I mocked it up real quick as I have other things to finish up before locking it down. One thing I noticed is that I will definitely be changing out the hardware. I will show why later. One thing I do like is the spacing from the tonneau cover. It looks like I should be able fashion something to stow the half doors on the bottom when I want them off.

IMG_3596.jpeg

IMG_3598.jpeg

IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg

IMG_3599.jpeg

IMG_3597.jpeg

Buttoned up the rack install for now. Bestop designed it to be used with 97-02 bar padding so I used a bit of heavy tool drawer liner to make up the slack. Not sure why they had to use this long of hardware so I might have to change it out later.

IMG_3609.jpeg

IMG_3611.jpeg

IMG_3610.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

IMG_3612.jpeg

Last edited:
My kid has graduated to a DSLR so I am going to carry her old Canon ELPH for the season. Still have to get the settings figured out. And as tempting as it is you do not want to try and wheel on the icebergs. Good way to have a very bad day.

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

Last edited:
Have you been getting heavy precipitation this winter like the rest of the west coast?

Interesting enough our winter has been pretty average but everywhere around here has been pretty heavy. Anchorage hit their average winter total by new years and places like Juneau had some big storms hit them.

Reactions: Rickyd and Wildman