20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

Both front fenders have been banged up for some time so it’s time to do something about it.

image.jpg

46ADDDBA-B7B4-4F66-BA67-5981FB2D2496.jpeg

Used a step bit to make clean corners and fired up the M18 reciprocating saw. This thing with a Diablo blade is an absolute beast and far easier than anything else. Only spot it did not work was at the very front so I just scored it and snapped it off.

2EC04608-15C0-45DD-A0B6-89413E4B1241.jpeg

54144C8E-258B-4A98-9BA0-7F992E6B02E2.jpeg

For those that want to do the delete here is the polarity of the marker wires.

Edit: Black and yellow is running (marker) Black is ground and the lighter wire (different color on each side) is turn.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lBasket and Wildman
Wired up. This configuration still allows this to work if for some reason I put stock fenders and flares back.

Edit: When using commercial lighting parts like this Optronics LED white is ground, black is running and red is stop/turn.

image.jpg

Last edited:
With the fenders done it is time for something that will be a love hate for sure. Since I put the Warn rockers on I lost the mud bulge. For those of us who wheel in the wet with a soft top and doors you know how hard on the windows the muck can be. So here is my first attempt at low profile splash guard. I am starting with some inexpensive thermoplastic mud flaps from the local truck parts store.

image.jpg

Brown Santa dropped some hood catches. Other than wishing I could run the 4.5 inch and dealing with bent sheet metal they look decent. Ok a little clownish with the pizza cutters maybe.

image.jpg

So back to the mud bulge. I do have a set of factory ones I originally bought to use with the Warn flares but never did. So while the would help they really look out of place with MCE fenders.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
Reactions: JMT
Next thought is just to put a flap on there but it does not give the same coverage and would have to be made to be sacrificial. You can see where they would help out the rocker guards that are soon to be removed and cleaned up.

image.jpg

image.jpg