20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

Way past due for new upper door skins. My advice on this is if you do skins spend the extra money and get Bestop. Much better fit than the others I have seen.

DFB74161-A8EB-4564-9A72-6DEC15C33D05.jpeg

If you ever want an entire OEM extra set (in black) including the frames let me know and I'll just send you mine. They came with my half doors and I simply do not like these vinyl windows in the front. I bought the Bestop sliders pretty soon after and those work much better for me. Honestly I'm rethinking half doors entirely, as much as I like the looks of them without the top.

If you ever want an entire OEM extra set (in black) including the frames let me know and I'll just send you mine. They came with my half doors and I simply do not like these vinyl windows in the front. I bought the Bestop sliders pretty soon after and those work much better for me. Honestly I'm rethinking half doors entirely, as much as I like the looks of them without the top.

I appreciate the offer and I might take you up on that. I also have been thinking after 20 years I should give a set of sliders a try for the winter. I would do full doors but they are going for a premium up here right now.

It's always interesting to me how people like different setups. I had both half doors and full doors for my TJ. I'd lucked out and a buddy who had a White TJ had just traded his in and the dealer didn't want the full doors so he gave me the doors plus a few tubs of spare parts. I ran the full doors for one winter after I got them and really didn't like them. So I ended up selling them. I've had thought about trying the sliding uppers when I was driving mine daily but never got some. Now that it's mainly a trail rig I don't see the point. But I do need to get a new set of upper skins as my windows are pretty cloudy.

Been going going round and round over a decent solution and I think the answer has been laying on the shelf in the shop. Daystar did not want to pay to return the incorrect flare they sent me so they told me to toss it. The flare is not symmetrical so so measuring and trimming and drilling and we got two matching pieces.

7ED44FA2-AC8A-4FD0-B9CC-76E307F61E08.jpeg

056F88F1-C3C1-4EF1-8AE8-5B9C1E34F8B8.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
How far did you head up? I need to get mine out on the beach. Let me know if you want to make a trip when the tide charts look favorable

Reactions: Blackjack
How far did you head up? I need to get mine out on the beach. Let me know if you want to make a trip when the tide charts look favorable

Not far. That is a semi private run to a beach site. Got 63 lbs of goodness to process tonight. If you want to do a beach run we will want to Clam Gulch to the Kasilof.

Reactions: JMT
Been far too long since I had time to get much done. Did pick up one of the tcase straight sticks off eBay and a old school shift boot. Modded a Dorman knob for time being. Still have to tweak the stick like others have and then secure the boot.

902B3C3E-79B7-4D87-A228-BD6644A343EE.jpeg

So I have come to the conclusion that POR 15 is too soft for a floor pan that is not covered so time for a plan B. So some sanding, a little rust converter and will paint once it cures.

905F746F-A927-4203-B2F4-FDC9730263C4.jpeg

BEDA4398-FA3C-4735-BADB-63C367CAB7D7.jpeg

ED31B3D0-5F40-4878-A2E0-83277F0CD8C5.jpeg

Reactions: CV04TJR and JMT