20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

Ordered some Husky Liners and going to see if I can’t mod them to work without carpet. First step was the ever so fun task to take the tips off the carpet grippers. Tossed them in to see how they fit and it is not as bad as I expected. They obviously move a little bit I think some strategically placed industrial Velcro might do the trick.

01C5C864-0ED0-4584-9BC9-0963EC5230E9.jpeg

Ordered some Husky Liners and going to see if I can’t mod them to work without carpet. First step was the ever so fun task to take the tips off the carpet grippers. Tossed them in to see how they fit and it is not as bad as I expected. They obviously move a little bit I think some strategically placed industrial Velcro might do the trick.

View attachment 373257

Same challenge. Watching for results.

View attachment 373257

Why husky liners Vs something like bed tred?

Wish you could send some of the white stuff my way, Black. Didn't I see you write that just got 2 feet?

:oops:

I will see what I can do about that.
Yeah we got our first snow about three weeks ago but didn’t stick. Last week was 9-12 inches and dropped to single digits and Tuesday we got another 8-14 on top of that. The part that sucks the most is with it being early is the ground has not frozen yet so it is a bitch to plow.

I've got the Quadretec version of these for mine. We'll see how they work with the bedliner. I've got to modify mine to fit around the stanchions. But watching you to see how they work out.

I've got the Quadretec version of these for mine. We'll see how they work with the bedliner. I've got to modify mine to fit around the stanchions. But watching you to see how they work out.

If I can get them to not slip around I think I will be ok with them. Have some outdoor Velcro coming to try.

Reactions: Wildman
Why no carpet or other alternatives? Sorry if you explained it before and I missed it .. just curious.

Wonder if this would work for you in the front.

[URL][URL]https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/armorlite-available-for-tj-ljs.64646/[/URL][/URL]

Few things really. First I kinda think of the SE like the Flatties of old and building around the idea of a bit less sport and a bit more utility. It is nice after a run to grab the hose and rinse the mud down the drain. The other is water. I have a high water line inside of the tub from some of the water crossings I have been in so anything that can absorb water is out. And I have thought about bed liner and the like but I am cheap and I always worry about missing a bit of corrosion and then having a wart fester where I can not see it.

Going to try some outdoor Velcro and see how it goes. Need to be able to remove them easily to get to drain plugs.

The BedRug uses Velcro strips, so I don’t know why it wouldn’t work for floor mats. I just know that you need the tub to be dry and warm to get good adhesion. Also need some way for the Velcro to firmly adhere to the bottom of the mat.

Reactions: Wildman
The BedRug uses Velcro strips, so I don’t know why it wouldn’t work for floor mats. I just know that you need the tub to be dry and warm to get good adhesion. Also need some way for the Velcro to firmly adhere to the bottom of the mat.

I am hoping the Velcro I ordered has decent adhesive but we will see. The slop with the Husky Liner is not as bad as I thought it would be and I think if I am strategic with the Velcro location it will work.

Reactions: JMT
I am hoping the Velcro I ordered has decent adhesive but we will see. The slop with the Husky Liner is not as bad as I thought it would be and I think if I am strategic with the Velcro location it will work.

If the adhesive isn’t that great I’ve used this 3M spray adhesive for headliners and such.

3M Super 77 Multipurpose Permanent Spray Adhesive Glue, Paper, Cardboard, Fabric, Plastic, Metal, Wood, Net Wt 16.75 oz https://a.co/biaCemY

Reactions: Blackjack