20 years of incrementalism or Blackjacks 98 SE

Way too warm today at 40f. Brought the neighbors out though.

A25F105C-C4EF-4CBD-BEA2-29F81BB4955E.jpeg

I was hoping the Velcro had a foam adhesive but it did not. And while it seems to have worked well for the passenger side for the drivers side the first attempt has been a flop. Will adjust strategy and try again this evening.

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
Way too warm today at 40f. Brought the neighbors out though.

View attachment 376339

When I was stationed at Ft Richardson I went on a Moose hunt with some Army buddies. I got a nice cow and had it butchered up. I gave some steaks and roast to one buddy who was married so he'd have to invite me over for dinner now and then. Then the rest of the meat I donated to the Food Bank. It was a great experience.

I was hoping the Velcro had a foam adhesive but it did not. And while it seems to have worked well for the passenger side for the drivers side the first attempt has been a flop. Will adjust strategy and try again this evening.

Once you get it figured out I may copy what you do on mine.

Reactions: Blackjack
Once you get it figured out I may copy what you do on mine.

Key words 🤣.

I hunted annually when I lived in TX. Mainly white tail, but also pigs and coyotes. I had a bobcat in my crosshairs one time, but I decided not to pull the trigger. I was blessed to be able to watch it take a drink from a pond and then find a mouse and play with it for about 5 minutes before eating it. Great moment. I've been wanting to Elk hunt up here, but I'm just too darn busy. Beautiful Moose @Blackjack. I hope you get those floormats figured out for @Wildman! 😉

Key words 🤣.

I hunted annually when I lived in TX. Mainly white tail, but also pigs and coyotes. I had a bobcat in my crosshairs one time, but I decided not to pull the trigger. I was blessed to be able to watch it take a drink from a pond and then find a mouse and play with it for about 5 minutes before eating it. Great moment. I've been wanting to Elk hunt up here, but I'm just too darn busy. Beautiful Moose @Blackjack. I hope you get those floormats figured out for @Wildman! 😉

My BIL drew a cow tag this year in the St Helens area. He got a bull last year. Got a nice sized cow this year.

30213751527005.jpeg

Edit: My BIL keeps asking me to go on some hunts with him and I've considered it but to be honest I don't have a desire to anymore. And on the chance I'll get given shit about it I'll admit now that I have a REALLY hard time touching dead bodies anymore. After Iraq I'd rather not if I can help it.

Last edited:
You have not put it up for the year yet? I think you know where I work stop in anytime.

I haven’t yet, I think I stored it next door to your work building, behind fish and game last season. I need to see if they still have room.

For now, I can get my truck around it to get in the garage so it just gets moved when I’m clearing snow

Reactions: Wildman
You have not put it up for the year yet? I think you know where I work stop in anytime.

I love my BedRug with WeatherTech floor liners. In the front I use the clips that attach to the mats. They are snug on top of the BedRug. Can post pics if you want or do it PM.

I haven’t yet, I think I stored it next door to your work building, behind fish and game last season. I need to see if they still have room.

For now, I can get my truck around it to get in the garage so it just gets moved when I’m clearing snow

I am in the big white building next to the church across from Craig Taylor.

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I love my BedRug with WeatherTech floor liners. In the front I use the clips that attach to the mats. They are snug on top of the BedRug. Can post pics if you want or do it PM.

I saw your pics from your build thread. I am curious if they might absorb water.

I saw your pics from your build thread. I am curious if they might absorb water.

It’s only got wet a couple of times. It’s got a backing that serves as a barrier. The water just sat on it, but not in a pool, just in the top of the fabric. I didn’t know it was there till I felt it. Then I started wondering, “Where’s the leak?” 🤣 The WeatherTech floor liners capture most of the water, debris. They are covering all the footwells and the rear cargo area even under the rear seat. Seeing @IPerkWVU will help.

Well I cannot say the outdoor adhesive will make it once the mercury drops but we will see. But one thing I can tell you with certainty is 35 inch KM3s on a 4K TJ is absolute rubbish. So it is once again time for the pizza cutters. But before I throw them on for this season I figured I would see if I could not make them bite a bit better.

So out comes the Ideal tire Groover.
B98D7474-6332-42F5-8652-D6AED339D70E.jpeg

Last edited:
Then I put on some Slipknot and got to cutting. Two things you must remember when doing this. First make sure the tire has no debris and second is take your time and let the iron do the work. Took about an hour for the first tire and I have a sore arm but I did not break a blade so that is good.

And here are the results. You will not see much until I put some miles on them but we will see if the juice is worth the squeeze.

2A3BDB79-3C99-447E-8A5E-AC5387E10B9C.jpeg

98DA56DA-8063-46BA-BF48-EBA586113F81.jpeg

Day late getting these done. As @IPerkWVU can attest to the roads this morning were absolutely dangerous. But I am done smelling burnt rubber and they are on.

View attachment 378891

I’ve escaped to West Virginia for thanksgiving but saw the weather reports. Wish it would stay cold, the 35* rain freeze + snow is the worst! We’ve got to make the drive back down Sunday, hopefully they’ve got the roads straightened out by then

• Wow