2000 Jeep TJ 318 5.2 Magnum Swap Build

I have a wiring question-I have a 2000 Tj with a 2000 Dodge 5.9L swapped in with the auto trans. So I am merging my dodge harness to my Jeep harness. How do I merge the coil wires? The Dodge has 2 wires, automatic shut down and ignition coil driver #1. The Jeep harness has 4 wires auto shut down and ignition coil drivers #1, #2, and #3. Do I only use the #1 drivers from both harnesses? and don't do anything with the #2 and #3 drivers from the jeep harness.
Thanks...Joe

For all of you asking questions....

You will get a LOT more help and possibly answers to your questions if you start your own thread in the general discussions section.

https://wranglertjforum.com/forums/tj-general-discussion.6/
I have a wiring question-I have a 2000 Tj with a 2000 Dodge 5.9L swapped in with the auto trans. So I am merging my dodge harness to my Jeep harness. How do I merge the coil wires? The Dodge has 2 wires, automatic shut down and ignition coil driver #1. The Jeep harness has 4 wires auto shut down and ignition coil drivers #1, #2, and #3. Do I only use the #1 drivers from both harnesses? and don't do anything with the #2 and #3 drivers from the jeep harness.
Thanks...Joe

Here are some cheat sheets I gathered about doing the swap & wiring. I don't know if the info you need is in there. Like Paparock mine was an older rig.

Attachments

• Engine Swap Wiring Maybe-converted.pdf
    179.9 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: Wojoe

Can someone tell me how to get gages to work? Its a 2001 TJ with 318 magnum Auto from a 94 ZJ. We have swapped over and added 99 ram 1500 harness and ECM, got engine started and idles good, but none of the gages will work>>>need help we are stuck! It seems most of the posts I have researched on here have been newer engines and wiring seems to be much more simple. Wondering if we need to run 2 ECMs?

Can someone tell me how to get gages to work? Its a 2001 TJ with 318 magnum Auto from a 94 ZJ. We have swapped over and added 99 ram 1500 harness and ECM, got engine started and idles good, but none of the gages will work>>>need help we are stuck! It seems most of the posts I have researched on here have been newer engines and wiring seems to be much more simple. Wondering if we need to run 2 ECMs?

Did you read any of the replies to your FIRST post? We need more information.

Is the PCM from a 99 Ram also? Most times that the gauges do not work is when someone is trying to use a 1997 Ram PCM. Dodge didn't switch to CCD interface until 1998 where as the TJ used CCD in 1997.
If you have everything wired correctly then your gauges should be working.

And AGAIN you will be better off to start a thread in the general discussion area instead of trying to bring a old thread back to life.

The issue I see you having is the code or communication of all your sensors to the gauges themselves. I am not at home to help you out with the actual verbage but your TJ gauge cluster is looking for a language tgan your sensors are sending. You might be better off getting an older gauge cluster

The issue I see you having is the code or communication of all your sensors to the gauges themselves. I am not at home to help you out with the actual verbage but your TJ gauge cluster is looking for a language tgan your sensors are sending. You might be better off getting an older gauge cluster

He shouldn't be having any issues since his TJ is a CCD buss and the PCM if it's from a 99 is also a CCD bus. Dodge used CCD from 1998-2001 and PCI from 2002 -2006 if I recall correctly. My guess is it's a older PCM like a 1996 or 1997 or there is another issue.

Reactions: Paparock1
I’m hoping someone here can answer this question. Will the 318 bolt up to the 32RH? The “newer” magnum fuel injected 318.

No. I already answered this in your Hemi Swap thread and added some additional information for you.

Yeah I just saw it. Thank you. You have some impressive write ups.

I have a Magnum V-8 in my TJ. I let a shop do the swap for me the first time and then had to fix all their fuck ups so I had to learn about the swap. So when I was rebuilding my TJ this time I did all the work myself.