2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ stalling at idle

jordankier

So I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 5 speed. It seems to stall regularly every 1-3 minutes at idle. It’s not like a stumble stall it’s like someone shuts the key off. All the gauges and instrument panels stay lit. Radio stays on. Fires right back up cranks a little longer than normal but starts every time. Doesn’t stall or stumble at all when driving. Iac is working fine. Can’t seem to find anyone having this issue. No codes in the computer. Only motor work is a throttle body spacer.

Similar thing started happening with me. When you go into neutral to come to a stop; the RPMs just drop all the way to 0 and it shuts off really smoothly right?

Hard to say if you arn't getting any codes; but I'm 99% sure mine is the Throttle Position Sensor.
However I also get almost like this bucking effect when I'm accelerating faster than average and when cruising between 2200 and 3000 rpms. If you are getting any of those other symptoms check your TPS.

Not saying this is your problem but another area to look at is your battery post connection. I have a 2001 Sport that one day out of the blue died on me driving down a side street at a slow rate of speed and never threw a code...a few day's later did the same thing! After some research on the forums I noted others saying to re-brush and re-connect battery terminals. Worked for me because I have not had this happen again years later! BTW...I always keep my battery terminals clean and tight but they had not been re-brushed and re-connected for some years.

It does seem way less powerful since this starting happening and very very lightly seems like it’s bucking when accelerating. Only once did it stall when driving. It cut right out cruising at 55 wouldn’t take back off while coasting. Came to a stop and cranked and cranked. Shut the ignition off and back on and fired right back up like nothing happened. I have a parts jeep I was thinking about throwing the whole throttle body on to cover tps and iac all at once. No codes in the computer at all

Similar thing started happening with me. When you go into neutral to come to a stop; the RPMs just drop all the way to 0 and it shuts off really smoothly right?

Hard to say if you arn't getting any codes; but I'm 99% sure mine is the Throttle Position Sensor.
However I also get almost like this bucking effect when I'm accelerating faster than average and when cruising between 2200 and 3000 rpms. If you are getting any of those other symptoms check your TPS.

Hey, did you ever figure this out? Mine is doing the same. But thing is I have all new sensors on my cleaned throttle body