2000 Jeep TJ with 2003 4.0 and 42RLE ECM question

CC239badlands

I have a 2000 Jeep TJ that had a blown 2.5l. My buddy pulled his 4.0 and 42rle out of his 2003 Jeep TJ to put an LS motor in. Engine and trans have about 60k miles. I have everything installed and hooked up, but It will not turn over. I replaced the stock ECU with the unit from his 2003 and still nothing. When I turn the key on after a few attempts I get a "no bus" notice. I pulled the cluster out and cleaned everything, re-installed and still nothing. Also tried the original ECU from the 2.5 and nothing. When I go to start it I hear a click behind the dash passenger side, but that's it. Is there any way I could test the ECU? Any other things that I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
One of the issues is that you have a CCD bus dash & are trying to use a PCI bus PCM. You need the dash and wiring to change your system over to a PCI dash.
But I don't know if that would be your "No Crank" issue also.

One of the issues is that you have a CCD bus dash & are trying to use a PCI bus PCM. You need the dash and wiring to change your system over to a PCI dash.
But I don't know if that would be your "No Crank" issue a

Thanks, I'm reading up on that now. That is probably the problem.

So is my option to get the complete interior wiring loom from another 2003 with a pci bus and replace it?