JGJeep2023

Hi there, I’m reaching out because I’m really desperate for some help right now. First of all, I know very little about vehicles, but this will be my third Jeep TJ, it is a 2000 Wrangler SE, four-cylinder. It has about 150,000 miles on it. I bought it about 5 years ago and have had to do very minimal work to it, the person I purchased it from seems to have kept it well maintained. I get on-time oil changes and have my mechanic look over everything whenever it's in the shop. Overall runs very well, but within the last month, I’ve been experiencing a very erratic, scary noise that seemingly comes out of nowhere that occurs whenever I am in a forward motion, whether the clutch is depressed or not, usually anywhere from second-fourth gear, rolling forward with either foot off gas or stepping on the gas, it is a very loud humming whirring vibration noise, almost like a binding/grinding noise. To me it seems like a transmission issue. But I cannot get it to do it on-call, when my mechanic has it to look at. He's driven it around with me in it and it didn't do it both times. It’s completely maddening. I don’t really feel safe driving it. I really don’t know what to do, I am at a point of desperation with this because I need to figure out what my next move will be. I don’t have a lot of money, and I work 30 miles from home. Been limping by with this problem for the last month, but when it happens it is so scary to me that I really don’t want to let it go any longer but my mechanic says without hearing it himself, there’s not a ton he can do. I finally captured it on video today. It’s louder in person then it comes across in this video. Can anyone help? Video link on Youtube posted below. Thanks in advance.

sounds like it may be drivetrain related. i would do a suggested above. is it a manual or automatic transmission?