2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Leach

I have owned this Jeep for 3 years ago as a 3rd vehicle for weekend fun. Engine 4.0L six cylinder, 5 speed manual, 99,400 original miles, fern green with black soft top, grey interior. Power steering, air conditioning, cruise control, sound bar, fog lights, stock alloy wheels, stock 30 x 9.5 tires.

New parts / upgrades - In the 3 years I have owned the Jeep I have replaced the following. Sparks plugs, wires, throttle position sensor, head light switch, brake lines, front brakes (pads, rotors & calipers), radiator with upper and lower hoses, battery, steering stabilizer (upgraded to Old Man Emu), Quadratec soft top. I added a push bar to the OEM bumper and replaced fender flares (original flares had faded). I added the newer style Quadratec side mirrors and the bumper end cap kit.

Known issues - The air conditioning does not blow cold, never use it so I never fixed it. The drivers seat has a tear in the vinyl and could use a cover for cosmetics only. There is a slight oil leak at times, just a few drips, not a problem as it's never low on oil. The rear axle has a slight noise, been that way forever, you can barely hear it, checked out by mechanic. The paint had a few areas of surface rust so it spot treated with primer and touch up.

The Jeep was looked at by a mechanic this week. He advised it will need some work to pass the MD Safety Inspection. He quoted $1,500 for everything, but if you can do the work yourself it would cheaper. Willing to negotiate or sell as-is. (one small spot on the frame needs repair size of a dime, 1 small spot on the floor the size of your thumb print, the horn doesn't beep, 1 light bulb out, a serpentine belt, and the gas tank shield is rusted)

For being 17 years old this is a nice Jeep with decent miles. It hasn't been modified. Asking $7000, no trades. Located in Bel Air, MD 21014.

Thanks for looking, Eric ([email protected], 443-547-5636)
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0184.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG
IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0189.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris S and Chris