2000 TJ overhaul

Actually that's my daughter! It gets super hot up here in South Dakota in the summer. That's her summer hair cut. But yes, a great learning experience.
Ha lol my bad. That's what I get for looking through photos too fast. :BangHead:

That is awesome. I wish our older daughter took an interest. I still have hope for our youngest (1).

It's been a great weekend. Lots of progress. Just waiting on an exhaust part. Donor tub is being stripped down.

20180805_123508.jpg

20180805_105945.jpg

20180805_123437.jpg

Well...ran into a snag today. I knew it was coming but I was hoping I was close enough in versions. Thr wiring harnesses are not compatible. So, now I'm stripping out the wiring harness out of the donor tub and putting in the harness from my jeep.

But I got other things done.

20180814_074235.jpg

20180814_074243.jpg

Well, I'm happy to report only minor cuts and busted knuckles during the harness transfusion. I ended up using my dash as well as the harness. My 00 still had the pull out headlight switch. The 05 did not. I needed that as I am keeping my 00 steering wheel. The 05 donor tub did not come with one.

I also did keep the 05 HVAC system and ducting. The ducting is all 1 piece which I thought would eliminate the whistling that sometimes happens. Also the HVAC unit on the 05 donor is all inside while my on my 00, the fan actually mounts to the firewall. The 05 donor tub did not have the opening on the firewall, so I kind of had to keep the 05 HVAC unit. The plugs and vacuum lines all matched up so let's hope all the settings work.

Lastly, I kept the rear taillight section of the 05 harness. I had to splice that in as there is no plug at that point in the harness. I did so because my 00 harness at that point is crap. The rust and corrosion had eaten on the wiring back there pretty bad.

All in all, not too crazy. I just went methodically through each part and section...practically side by side.

Oh, I almost forgot...while both the dashes were out of each tub, I took the opportunity to EASILY switch the pedals over. My 00 is a stick and the donor 05 tub was an automatic . it was super easy to get to all the nuts to swap things over.

I'll have some pics later.

Reactions: KCsTJ and tquig01
Soooo...I haven't posted an update in a while but here it is. Less than a year ago, I was trying to figure out the best plan of attack to fix my recent purchase. Rusted and broken frame and tub.

2 weeks ago...I was making big strides. Hit some real big bumps in the road (kinda like wheeling). Overcame those. Hit a few more...got through those too.

So, here sits my little jeep. 98% done. I have to get the HVAC system going before winter (2 months or so). But I can drive it. Drove it today...its only 60 with 30 mph winds (it had been 90 and sunny all through the build...lol).

Now I can work on the little things...

20180904_130445.jpg

20180904_135414.jpg

20180904_130515.jpg

20180904_135355.jpg

20180904_135331.jpg

Soooo...I haven't posted an update in a while but here it is. Less than a year ago, I was trying to figure out the best plan of attack to fix my recent purchase. Rusted and broken frame and tub.

2 weeks ago...I was making big strides. Hit some real big bumps in the road (kinda like wheeling). Overcame those. Hit a few more...got through those too.

So, here sits my little jeep. 98% done. I have to get the HVAC system going before winter (2 months or so). But I can drive it. Drove it today...its only 60 with 30 mph winds (it had been 90 and sunny all through the build...lol).

Now I can work on the little things...
Looking good.

Reactions: Cecil LaGrande