2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 throwing P0320 code

01saharatj

Hello,
Jeep just suddenly wouldn’t just start it would just crank and crank and crank, with check engine light, I was able to pull the code it said p0320 . Disconnected battery then was able to start it on drive back home it would stall while at idle at lights but would start back up didn’t seem to run very good either. Seems like a sensor failed. Any help or experience with same issue to point me into right direction is appreciated looking to troubleshoot it down to component.

Update: I let it sit over night and it started right up and drove it around this morning seems fine (at the moment) no check engine light but does still throw a code p320 when you check it.

Thanks

I don't want to be obtuse here, but since you mentioned disconnecting the battery and then it was able to start and drive back home, have you checked the battery terminal connections? That's going to be my first suggestion to rule out here. Occam's Razor would suggest the same.

If it isn't the battery terminals my suggestion would be to download a free copy of the FSM by clicking here.

Go through it and look for the procedures on testing the crankshaft position sensor (CPS). You can do that with a digital multimeter and test that sensor (and others) to see if they are good or bad. That's the way to do it before just blindly replacing them. It's not that difficult to do either. All you need is a digit multimeter and the time to remove the sensor(s).

Reactions: John’o