2001 jeep wrangler tj problem

Robert Burchfield

I have a 2001 jeep wrangler tj. I went four wheeling and only went through some mud puddles on the way back home it started bogging down kind of. I'd give it has and it would slow down, and then the rpm and speedometer start going crazy. The rpm would jump and the speedometer would jump past 100 mph. Any help would be great.

That's what I was originally thinking something got wet. I Just got it out of the shop for blown head gasket and was paranoid something else was wrong. It wasn't very deep. I hit them hard enough to cover it with the water though. Its a manual transmission.

So the problems are still occurring? It is likely throwing some check engine codes. Can you scan it and tell us what codes it's throwing?

There's no doubt that something got wet though. It could have shorted a sensor. The check engine codes would be very telling.

I drove it on a 3 hour trip after that and for a couple days. So I assume its dried out by now. I don't think its been throwing any codes but I will have to check. I just got home one night it wouldn't start. Jumped it off, next day started right up no jump drove it to store came back out it wouldn't start again but I sat for 3p minutes and it started right up and after I got it back home it wouldn't start again tried jumping it off and it started up for a minute and died, and wouldnt even start with jumper cables after. Ill check for codes once I get a chance.