2002 Jeep TJ “Ocho”

Went to the pick n pull today.

2005 Hyundai Tiburon seats.

$75 out the door.

They aren’t perfect but they are 1000% better than what I have.

I hope to have them mounted up tomorrow. Or at least get a good start!

Picks and updates to follow!

6443BFA2-CE0C-4013-A33D-E35F0DCAA387.jpeg

2E61B0D8-63A4-4617-B947-0BB6FD7F2D43.jpeg

Drivers is in. Thanks to @PCO6 for doing the leg work on this swap.

I know he’ll say “ I wasn’t the first to do it so....”

Well @PCO6 is the first I’VE seen do it. So he gets the credit! And the thanks!

Pretty straight forward swap. Lots of measure twice, cut once, drill, drill , drill , seats in the Jeep , seats out the Jeep, brackets in the Jeep, brackets out the Jeep, etc etc etc.... Rinse and repeat

3A0EBA58-424D-4D79-B46B-53235AD3445D.jpeg

Drivers is in. Thanks to @PCO6 for doing the leg work on this swap.

I know he’ll say “ I wasn’t the first to do it so....”

Well @PCO6 is the first I’VE seen do it. So he gets the credit! And the thanks!

Pretty straight forward swap. Lots of measure twice, cut once, drill, drill , drill , seats in the Jeep , seats out the Jeep, brackets in the Jeep, brackets out the Jeep, etc etc etc.... Rinse and repeat

View attachment 132186
Looks great! You're braver than I was. I did the passenger's side first. I figured if I screwed things up I'd at least be able to drive my Jeep until I figured things out! 😊

Reactions: RiverDawg24
Not sure what happened. At first I couldn't send my reply and then it kept going again and again!

Last edited:
Looks great! You're braver than I was. I did the passenger's side first. I figured if I screwed things up I'd at least be able to drive my Jeep until I figured things out! 😊

I also removed the front bracket on the slide. The one you used a torch to straighten out. Just seemed easier. It didn’t affect the swap at all.

Seat may sit a tad low for me. I’m not sure yet. I’m gonna drive it and wheel it before I add spacers.

But the difference in a quality OEM seat and the aftermarket seats the PO put in this jeep is night and day. I’m so pleased with the result.

It should be easy to elevate the seat if you want. You probably have some scrap pieces of 1/4" flat bar that you can make some washer/spacers out of.

Passenger seat is in.

This one was tougher. I had to use spacers to clear the fold forward bracket on the passenger side

I kinda cheated because I broke out the welder. I could have gone the no weld route but this was just easier.

As you can see from the pics the seat still folds forward to allow Rear seat passengers to ingress and egress.

I am very pleased with the seats and how they feel and function.

Oh and I sold my old seats for $100 so I’m officially $55 into this swap. $25 if you don’t count consumables like cut off wheels and drill bits.

4A4186D6-A749-40FE-93F1-4FAA88A20C9F.jpeg

53261F30-36A0-484B-9B2A-23E319A0FF80.jpeg

0ED26D07-0A62-4650-800B-D01E0362D2CD.jpeg

39020F2E-8A4B-44F3-B85F-5F4FDE214D93.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Ordered Rear upper Savvy Control arms.

The rear driveline vibes will be a thing of the past.

1 set down.... 3 sets to go!

Piece by piece and part by part.

F5C232BA-1FBF-4114-8849-064FB8B9C6C2.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
No install pics but I can say that just this one set of upper rear arms has made a HUGE difference in the driveability of my Jeep.

No more rear drive line vibes, no more clunk when taking off , no more feeling the axle shifting under load.

The bushings in the stock uppers were shot. I didn’t realize how bad they were.

I can’t wait to get the other 3 sets of arms. If only I could afford them all at once.

Oh well.... Upper fronts with the Currie axle bushing kit are next on the list.

Last weekend I chopped my stock front bumper and added some tow hooks.

I don’t really like how these look but I had no recovery points up front and these were laying around from another project.

B22CFE30-1522-4145-972A-43B2C5A2FA6A.jpeg

981ED05D-41A4-4818-99F1-FAFF20B2C5B0.jpeg

I also go a CEL 0161. O2 sensor Bank 2 position 2. So I replaced it. Had to disco the battery to get the CEL to go off but it hasn’t come back on thankfully

32FF1DA6-F583-44AB-B702-5EA04DC79F2B.jpeg

This $10 socket is a must have. Made the work easy. Old Sensor cane out no problem.

2981C9FC-8C49-437B-87FE-2AB74944472A.jpeg

Thanks to @Chris for the O2 sensor thread. Made this super easy

Bought a sunshade. Off Amazon from a company called Badass Moto Gear. $43 shipped. I can’t see how it is any different from the more expensive/name brand sunshades.

0D125378-014F-4F71-AAED-3C7B510BE6F9.jpeg

Also replaced my old headlights with Truck lites. Hard to tell in the daylight of course but the light is much whiter and much brighter.

875E9CFF-8F28-422E-AB09-13EAA7CC5BBD.jpeg

Reactions: PCO6
Well not sure if what I did today was genius or half assed?

I finally bought some Rancho 5000x shocks. Since I’m at home due to The Rona I decided to tackle the rears.

As you can guess I had a broken upper bolt. Thankfully it was just one.

I searched the net and found lotsa suggestions to remedy the situation that seemed like 3 day jobs.

Here was my solution:

3 inch hole saw

29505EEB-0B13-4645-8A70-EDD0E6E2C138.jpeg

A Welder, 11/16 nut, Impact and removing the broken piece from above.

C3435299-D625-48D6-9ADD-E24BDE500A1F.jpeg

Install with new bolt and plenty of anti-seize

2275788F-D115-43A0-BFE3-4F4602FFF54E.jpeg

I still run carpet. So for now I covered the hole with multiple layers of duct tape and the carpet. No one will be the wiser.

Total job was about 2 hours

Like said..... genius? Lazy? Half assed? Idk!

Well not sure if what I did today was genius or half assed?

I finally bought some Rancho 5000x shocks. Since I’m at home due to The Rona I decided to tackle the rears.

As you can guess I had a broken upper bolt. Thankfully it was just one.

I searched the net and found lotsa suggestions to remedy the situation that seemed like 3 day jobs.

Here was my solution:

3 inch hole saw

View attachment 151429

A Welder, 11/16 nut, Impact and removing the broken piece from above.

View attachment 151434

Install with new bolt and plenty of anti-seize

View attachment 151435

I still run carpet. So for now I covered the hole with multiple layers of duct tape and the carpet. No one will be the wiser.

Total job was about 2 hours

Like said..... genius? Lazy? Half assed? Idk!

Pick the Metal round piece out of the hole saw and Weld the round back in? I say your Jeep your way right?

Weld the round in and grind down the weld and paint over it.... :cool:

Also, I don't think many people realize how beautiful Arkansas really is. Nice Jeep/work also!
x

Pick the Metal round piece out of the hole saw and Weld the round back in? I say your Jeep your way right?

Weld the round in and grind down the weld and paint over it.... :cool:

Also, I don't think many people realize how beautiful Arkansas really is. Nice Jeep/work also!
x

No! No! No! Arkansas is full of inbred sister f*ckers! Everyone needs to stay away! 😉

I actually saved the piece to weld in later if I choose. But I am only Flex Core at home. Will have to wait til after The Rona vacates so I can do it at work. Will be much cleaner.

No! No! No! Arkansas is full of inbred sister f*ckers! Everyone needs to stay away! 😉

I actually saved the piece to weld in later if I choose. But I am only Flex Core at home. Will have to wait til after The Rona vacates so I can do it at work. Will be much cleaner.

True, inner shield wire leaves the dust and chicken poop marks, ha. Some nice shielded gas is the way with sheet metal.