2002 Sahara 89k miles for 10k?

It says "zero rust on the undercarriage or frame" but the frame has previously been repaired. It will have some rust, but you won't have to worry about the frame at least (assuming they repaired both sides).

It says "zero rust on the undercarriage or frame" but the frame has previously been repaired. It will have some rust, but you won't have to worry about the frame at least (assuming they repaired both sides).
Yea I noticed that as well - and when I spoke over the phone the owner disclosed that. I planned on using that as my main negotiating tool, but then they said they were firm on the price. I'm a little torn here, but decent ones in the NE are hard to find

Yea I noticed that as well - and when I spoke over the phone the owner disclosed that. I planned on using that as my main negotiating tool, but then they said they were firm on the price. I'm a little torn here, but decent ones in the NE are hard to find

Finding anything clean in the rust belt for under $10k will be pretty much impossible. If you want a truly rust free one for that price, you will have to travel south.

I'm not the largest fan of caps, but there isn't anything really wrong with them and they do work. If you're intending to just use this as a run around beater Jeep, this one certainly could be a good purchase as the largest rust problem has already been fixed. But I wouldn't purchase it with the intention to do large modifications and keep it for 20 years.

Pay special attention to the body mounts and floor plans when you check this one out.

Well, I'm actually looking at these for my girlfriend and it would be her first car. She's moving to Cali at the end of the summer and will probably keep it for 2 years. We are low-key hoping to flip it over there when she is done with school hoping to maybe get a return or break even what we pay for it now.

She doesn't have any plans to mod it or go off-roading really she just really likes the look lol

Definitely going to be looking hard for rust anywhere else on the frame

Well, I'm actually looking at these for my girlfriend and it would be her first car. She's moving to Cali at the end of the summer and will probably keep it for 2 years. We are low-key hoping to flip it over there when she is done with school hoping to maybe get a return or break even what we pay for it now.

She doesn't have any plans to mod it or go off-roading really she just really likes the look lol

Definitely going to be looking hard for rust anywhere else on the frame

That Jeep would be worth very little in California considering the rust and frame repair. No one wants a rusty Jeep when you can buy a clean one easily. Would it be a better idea to wait until she moves to California and buy one out there? It is certainly no fun to drive a TJ across the country and you would end up with a completely rust free Jeep.

That Jeep would be worth very little in California considering the rust and frame repair. No one wants a rusty Jeep when you can buy a clean one easily. Would it be a better idea to wait until she moves to California and buy one out there? It is certainly no fun to drive a TJ across the country and you would end up with a completely rust free Jeep.
Dang that's a good point since the standard over there is rust free. Ideally, we want to get one before she goes over there because prices seem to be lower on the east coast and at least she can have me or someone we know come check it out with her instead of her going solo on the search.

Can confirm I have driven my 98 from Mass to Cali and then back. Terrible mileage and very loud!

Floor panels had rust pretty bad on em so we're going to keep looking. We're keeping our eyes open for stuff in the south but the good ones move so fast they're hard to get!