SOLD 2002 TJ built for off-roading

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

XtremeJoe

Price
Hello Everyone,
I’m the original owner of a 2002 TJ built for off-roading. As many of you know and have done the same, I have invested much time and money and have grown attached to it over the last 18 years. I’m torn on selling it, but the reality is my hobbies have me shifting into more over landing adventures/road trips than rock crawling. So decided to stay within the Jeep family and I have purchased a new diesel JL that I will keep closer to stock (yet somehow the new Jeep hasn’t even been delivered yet and I already have $8K in parts in my garage??)

I have a receipt folder over 1” thick that I am not going to tally up as some other “foolish” folks have, but I do remember getting sh*t from my wife on the couple times I came home with 5 digit shop invoices.

Here is the list of changes. May have missed some, but email and I can tell you.

37” Pitbull Rockers (radials) on 17” Trail Ready beadlocks. Powdercoated red w/ black rock rings. Includes spare.
6” custom long arm suspension
Rear stretch 5”
Sway-a-way coilovers in the rear

Front - G2 aftermarket Dana 44 axle
ARB locker
4.56 gears
Alloy chromoly axle with upgraded outer spline axles and oversized alloy wheel bearings
Spare G2 chromoly axle shafts and wheel bearings (standard spline count)
Front steering upgrade (not sure what they call this conversion) but it drives straight, no death wobble problems of any sort.

Rear - Stock Dana 44 axle
Detroit locker
regeared 4.56
G2 chromoly axles
Spare axles (I think they may be stock and not aftermarket, but can’t remember)

Becool aluminum rad
High flow water pump
High CFM Electric fan (forget the brand)
Spare red silicone rad hoses
CARB legal cold air intake
EDGE Larger throttle body and electronics
Mean green dual battery tray w/ 2 AGM batteries
JKS disconnects

Garvin rear bumper and tire carrier (not mounted in pics plus spare)
Fab Four bumper with custom replaceable plate insert
Custom side steps (helps if your name is Joe)
Custom California Fast back top
Bestop soft doors lower and upper

Warn 9000 powerplant (combo winch and high CFM air compressor)
2.5 gallon tank
(System will run impact wrench)

Custom high line fenders (Genright style)
Genright crawler gas tank and skid plate
Nth degree, belly up skid plate
Nth degree, Oil pan skid
Nth degree, skid plate slider for diff
Aftermarket exhaust front to back (Borla headers to magna flow catback exhaust)

Brake cylinder higher bore (was done for intended 1 ton axles swap)
SYE on transfer case
Cable shifter transfer case upgrade
Aftermarket drive shafts front and rear from Pats Driveline with rear upgraded from 1310 to 1330
Spare 1330 yoke
1” body lift

Tuffy rear cargo box replacing the rear seat
JL audio subwoofer slim box (may pull out the sub for new Jeep)
Alpine amp 500w
Rockford Fostgate amp for front and sound bar
Focal front component speaker replacementFocal Integration ISS 130
5-1/4" component speaker system
Sound bar replacement with Alpine 5 1/4
Aftermarket head unit
Cobra CB

Oracle LED lights
Drake off-road accents on hood and shifters
Tuffy centre console (key alike with rear tuffy)
DIY tailgate tray
LED strip light on bars
Air horn
Poison hood vent
Windshield aux lighting
Internal winch controls
Hood lift

And we can’t forget the sticker collection that either doubles the value of the Jeep or halves it as you spend 2 hours with a blow dryer taking them off.

Does not require any work or maintenance
The Jeep does have rust on it as I’m originally from Canada, but nothing problematic (no tub rust, actually on that note it was stripped when new and Linex sprayed)
Means you get DRL and the speedo has KM on the outside and MPH on the inside, otherwise rest is the same.
Clutch done around 3000 miles ago
Front brakes around 5000 miles ago (rear not showing any problems but haven’t been done in a while)
Front axle service with inner seals, new ball joints, u-joints and inspection of the ARB
Rear axles on last service the Detroit was pulled out and also inspected
Fluids changed religiously - ex the dif fluid has probably been changed every 3K miles)
Transmission oil just changed
New spark plugs

~78,000 miles
Licensed and smog tested for California

No rush to sell it, I’ll either keep this as a dedicated wheeling rig and maybe throw a Dana 60 on the rear, as I got a new 2021 Jeep that I have built for overlanding or I sell it and do up that one for crawling also (but kinda hard to get your head wrapped around scratching a 65K Jeep). As an aside definitely more comfort in the new Jeep, but the clearance sucks on them - would need 42" tires, before you go to the same point.

IMG_1647.jpeg

IMG_4063.jpegIMG_1195.jpegIMG_1286.jpeg
IMG_1200.jpegIMG_1285.jpegIMG_1281.jpegIMG_1192.jpegIMG_1288.jpegIMG_1190.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It is hard to adjust to the $$$ of the new JLUR even without the diesel--especially when you compare capability to your well built TJ here. Looks like a great setup.

Reactions: Ephry73
There's been a lot of money spent on that one. Unless it's got real rust, someone who want a manual needs to jump on it.....you can't by the parts on it for that.

I still have it. I have not listed it on any other sites yet, but will probably do it this week. More so because of lack of space (have 4 vehicles and 1 parking spot so been playing a lot of Jenga).
Speaking of prices, have been focused on the build of my new Jeep which is a 2021 setup for overlanding. While I definitely like what I have done, utilizing 20 years of past experience good and bad, the prices now are absolutely ridiculous!!
Fully loaded diesel rubicon cost me 65K - no way it should be that much and then not sure how it happened, but spent 35K on parts and its only been 4 months (but it is done - well least for this year - lol). Can't believe I'm sitting on a 100K new Jeep and selling the old one for $15K. My wife thinks I'm nuts and should just park it even if using it once every few months. The issue here in nutty Bay Area, California is a parking spot is $400 a month.

PS. Thanks for looking and comments.

I still have it. I have not listed it on any other sites yet, but will probably do it this week. More so because of lack of space (have 4 vehicles and 1 parking spot so been playing a lot of Jenga).
Speaking of prices, have been focused on the build of my new Jeep which is a 2021 setup for overlanding. While I definitely like what I have done, utilizing 20 years of past experience good and bad, the prices now are absolutely ridiculous!!
Fully loaded diesel rubicon cost me 65K - no way it should be that much and then not sure how it happened, but spent 35K on parts and its only been 4 months (but it is done - well least for this year - lol). Can't believe I'm sitting on a 100K new Jeep and selling the old one for $15K. My wife thinks I'm nuts and should just park it even if using it once every few months. The issue here in nutty Bay Area, California is a parking spot is $400 a month.

PS. Thanks for looking and comments
I know I'm on other side of CA but I would not mind parking it in my home and giving it a wash and wax and let neighbor hood kids look at it every day from outside while they grow up. Its a beauty.

If nothing works then list it at some auction they say something Bring a truck etc. I am sure you would get $20k plus.
There are many wanna be bachelors who want to show off and may not even understand half of your parts but would pay for it.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
Man, if I hadn't just bought a stock '03 to build up a bit, I'd jump on it. If I could afford it I'd just have two TJ's :) I'm right around the corner in San Carlos.

Man, if I hadn't just bought a stock '03 to build up a bit, I'd jump on it. If I could afford it I'd just have two TJ's :) I'm right around the corner in San Carlos.
Sell the stock one and save 10-15k minimum on building one to the same level...

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I can not understand how this hasn’t sold. I have 15k in my junky TJ and it isn’t near this quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.